Destiny 2 [PC] + Battle.net

You do not transfer on Battle.net, you transfer on Bungie's site.
That's doesn't mean the source information isn't in battle.net. It literally states as the question "What happens if I don't sign up to move my Guardians to Steam", which then answers that Destiny won't be available on battle.net after October 1. I'm not sure how you could not associate the question with the answer?

Likely Activision-Blizzard will be closing off any access to account information for Destiny after they've officially split as part of the agreement.

I honestly don't understand why you would argue an interpretation of what's stated and instead just transfer your account and character information over before the apparent deadline? Are you planning on getting angry at Bungie on twitter or something because you could no longer transfer after tomorrow?

Woke up at 3 AM, now it's 4 AM and I'm still on 9176 queue

Why they made the moon so small? It gets full so quick bwahahaha

PSA: Destiny 2 shadowkeep story missions will be dooled out in piece meal size, stretched for the whole annual pass.

So currently you will get 1 big budget opening mission and 1 awesomely designed "last mission".

Between them you will get 2-3 "generic destiny mission" and a bunch of "filler" mission that felt even lazier than planetary adventures.

The last mission ends abruptly. SUPER ABRUPT. Need to wait for the next season for the continuation.

----

If you played forsaken, imagine it is almost exactly like Forsaken but with lower budget and you need to wait for a year (and buy the season passes) to get the full campaign.

---

So for me, a guardian that have zero fucks with loot, really hates bounties (I'm a fucking godslayer, stop treating me as your errant boy), Shadowkeep was disappointing.

Forsaken was muuuuuuuch better.

Been playing this a bit. Still haven't purchased the newest expansion and still don't own Forsaken. If Forsaken goes on sale, I'll might buy it. I don't have a season pass either, but I'm considering it. If I get close to rank 100 before the season ends, I'll probably get it just to get all those unlocked collectables.

Regardless there's a lot of content for me considering I stopped playing just before Warmind was released.

For new players, there's an almost overwhelming amount of content. Not nearly to the extent of Warframe, but a pretty good chunk. So in that respect, the base F2P game is quite good.

Also, monetization is somewhat close to Warframe's model.
  • All items from the current Season 8 are just bought. There's no loot boxes for the most recent season.
  • You can buy things from previous seasons using bright dust that you can earn in game.
    • Limited number of items that are rotated every week.
    • If you play a lot you can likely get 5k+ bright dust a week. In my first week of playing I think I got around 2.5k bright dust which allowed me to get an Exotic Ghost shell from Season 7.
  • However, there are loot boxes that you can buy if you REALLY want to try to get stuff from Season 2.
    • I'm guessing this will change to a different past season once Season 9 starts (still quite a ways away.)
While, I think most will agree that random item loot boxes that can give you the exact same thing over and over again are bad, this seems like a decent way to handle it.

Regards,
SB

Yeah there are also a ton of direct loot acquired by doing errands. In addition to the usual loot box from engrams and enemy drops.

The game become way too complicated for me tho. Resulting in I completely disregarding stats.

I simply wears highest light level gears.

The special perks from Artifacts also not really useful. You still can kill those enemies without wearing the perk.

Oh, there's also new annoying thing : so many object and foliage pop up.

@Silent_Buddha

The newest expansion is better to be enjoyed months later after it was competed, I think.

Currently if you buy it, you will play an incomplete expansion with incomplete story where the last mission is totally chopped off without enough polish.

Its as if they made Rise of Iron or Forsaken or vanilla D2, but they chopped it into pieces and will be drip fed each week where the story will have super tiny progress.

Shadowkeep current ending is totally chopped off. Imagine as if it was the New Light intro mission, but chopped off before you found the space ship, and suddenly you are in the tower.

The Ghost also bloody weird. Ghost has been established as a whiny character that will keep bitching about "bad things" that happen to it.

But in shadowkeep, ghost will say nothing about its experience. After the current ending, it's as if all of shadowkeep was just a dream. Ghost said nothing.

I imagine it's because shadowkeep was not originally planned to be chopped off. So ghost will talk and whine in the next mission after the current ending where Shadowkeep was chopped.

Played a raid with some people from the Discord LFG. Went pretty well, but Destiny raids are so goddamm complicated...

Played a raid with some people from the Discord LFG. Went pretty well, but Destiny raids are so goddamm complicated...

Yep, because the community prefers annoyingly complicated mechanics in raids than straightforward ones and bungie doubled down on that.

IIRC, its only Vault of Glass and Crota's End that are not overly complicated and have forgiving mechanics.

But bungie patched out some of the "forgiving mechanics". And their decision are ridiculous.

E.g. In vault of glass, you can see a bunch of obviously reach-able pillars where enemy snipers sits and shoots you from.

Originally, it felt like the game is telling "hey players, kill these dudes, take their vantage point"

But then bungie added death timer invisible barrier on those pillars.

If someone made Destiny 2 private server (with enough customization), I'll immediately move into that and say goodbye to bungie's bullshits. They are so adamant that this is their games, not ours. And they are not even consistent with what is their design language, what's their vision.

Imagine if Nintendo suddenly decided to add invisible barrier to one of the holes in Link's Awakening so you suddenly can't jump across for no reason.

Yikes now I'm ranting

You think these raids are complicated, you should try some of the hard difficulty raids in FFXIV that focus more on the mechanics of the raid than the combat. :)

They make the raids in Destiny 2 seem rather simple.

Regards,
SB

You think these raids are complicated, you should try some of the hard difficulty raids in FFXIV that focus more on the mechanics of the raid than the combat. :)

They make the raids in Destiny 2 seem rather simple.

Regards,
SB

I can't even understand the UX on FF14 ahaha

BTW with each update, Destiny 2 UX also becoming more and more confusing (some stuff do get a nice overhaul tho)

I can't even understand the UX on FF14 ahaha

BTW with each update, Destiny 2 UX also becoming more and more confusing (some stuff do get a nice overhaul tho)

Yeah, I also wish Destiny 2 had tooltips to explain what some stuff is. It took me a while to get a grasp on what Handling was compared to Stability. And that recoil isn't stability but kind of is. Or that impact is damage (I think). But then what is the damage stat for rocket launchers and grenade launchers?

Why have stats if those stats don't tell you what they mean?

I get that this is a console game ported to PC, but even a little bit of effort would go a long ways towards getting PC users on your side. Just makes me not want to become a console gamer. Life must be horrible for them for the most part if this is any indication of the information that people get in games.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I also wish Destiny 2 had tooltips to explain what some stuff is. It took me a while to get a grasp on what Handling was compared to Stability. And that recoil isn't stability but kind of is. Or that impact is damage (I think). But then what is the damage stat for rocket launchers and grenade launchers?

Why have stats if those stats don't tell you what they mean?

I get that this is a console game ported to PC, but even a little bit of effort would go a long ways towards getting PC users on your side. Just makes me not want to become a console gamer. Life must be horrible for them for the most part if this is any indication of the information that people get in games.

Regards,
SB

Yep its been confusing mess like that since D1.

BTW you can hold one of the trigger (dunno what in keyboard) to sho

Revisiting the game. Forgot how polished it is, really like the graphics but the game right now is a mess if you haven't played in a long time.

JyNjPN2.jpg

hPD58kA.jpg

It keeps bugging me, who the heck placed the lights? I mean, not the enemy structures, but the lights that peppers caves, etc guiding you to the right way.

So this popped up in my email today.

Destiny 2 PC Is Migrating to a New Platform

You are receiving this email as we've identified your account as an owner of Destiny 2 on Battle.net. Destiny 2 developer and publisher, Bungie, transferred the Destiny 2 service to a new PC platform on October 1, 2019.
Blizzard and Bungie are committed to making this transition as simple and seamless as possible for the Destiny 2 PC community.
This is a final notice that you are still able to migrate your Guardians, gear, game progress, product licenses and Silver currency balance from Battle.net at no cost. Please note you will lose access to Destiny 2 if you choose not to migrate to the new platform.

For more information, as well as future information and updates from Bungie, please visit https://www.bungie.net/PCMove.

----------------------

So seems that Bungie are moving off Blizzard onto a platform of your choosing(I chose Steam).

Last edited:
Back