The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think TLOU2 looks better than other games, this gen ton of good looking games. This is better gen than other gen no exotic architecture difficult to master. I like the animation technology but The most impressive part this time is AI, gameplay level design and story. Technology serves gameplay, game design, level design, and story.

Skin and hair shaders look better than expected during gameplay (in this part anyway)

shader4okq7.png

Last edited:
Now that we've shared our opinions on the graphics, I guess we should move on to other things then.
Story wise I'm pretty sure there'll be a twist and far more than what the trailer has led us to believe. So we know this time the story is all about Hate and vengeance as opposed to love in the first one, while you can safely assume Dina to be Ellie's most beloved person in her life, it's almost too naive to think that's exactly how the story will pan out.
So here's what I think. At some point in the story Dina got captured by the cult, Ellie was there to witness the execution, yes they did shoot her but only enough to fool Ellie's eyes. Enraged by the act or what appeared to be the case, Ellie goes on a rampage on her own, Joel tried to stop her and reasoning with her but she doesn't listen, she insists to make decisions on her own now as per Druckman's interpretation of Tlou1's ending. She then was joined by Joel half way as he knew Ellie's mission is suicidal and is prepared to die for her just in case. The duo reaches the cult's HQ and ends up finding Dina to be alive, she was using Ellie the whole time to get her close so that the cult could capture her and use her blood for something sinister. Joel inevitably saves Ellie by making a deal with the cult so Ellie could escape. (He eventually dies by the hands of Firefly per trailer scene where Tommy standing in front of Ellie's doorway holding that box which containing Joel's parting item, his revolver?). Feeling betrayed by her love Dina did she finally realize how much Joel means to her, his unconditional love as a fatherly figure and how she now finally lost all the people who cared for her. Ensuing true vengeance, Ellie declare war on the cult and goes all out with the aid of her village folks and Tommy which brings to and end for the entire arc.
ND if you present me anything less than this I'll riot :D.

Now that we've shared our opinions on the graphics, I guess we should move on to other things then.
Story wise I'm pretty sure there'll be a twist and far more than what the trailer has led us to believe. So we know this time the story is all about Hate and vengeance as opposed to love in the first one, while you can safely assume Dina to be Ellie's most beloved person in her life, it's almost too naive to think that's exactly how the story will pan out.
So here's what I think. At some point in the story Dina got captured by the cult, Ellie was there to witness the execution, yes they did shoot her but only enough to fool Ellie's eyes. Enraged by the act or what appeared to be the case, Ellie goes on a rampage on her own, Joel tried to stop her and reasoning with her but she doesn't listen, she insists to make decisions on her own now as per Druckman's interpretation of Tlou1's ending. She then was joined by Joel half way as he knew Ellie's mission is suicidal and is prepared to die for her just in case. The duo reaches the cult's HQ and ends up finding Dina to be alive, she was using Ellie the whole time to get her close so that the cult could capture her and use her blood for something sinister. Joel inevitably saves Ellie by making a deal with the cult so Ellie could escape. (He eventually dies by the hands of Firefly per trailer scene where Tommy standing in front of Ellie's doorway holding that box which containing Joel's parting item, his revolver?). Feeling betrayed by her love Dina did she finally realize how much Joel means to her, his unconditional love as a fatherly figure and how she now finally lost all the people who cared for her. Ensuing true vengeance, Ellie declare war on the cult and goes all out with the aid of her village folks and Tommy which brings to and end for the entire arc.
ND if you present me anything less than this I'll riot :D.

From some preview, it seems in the second part Ellie is following Tommy(younger Joel brother) because it seems to enter Seattle to find someone(vengeance?) maybe his wife Maria is dead too.

EDIT: And Ellie wants to go with him but he doesn't want. This is him talking to Ellie not to prevent Ellie to have her own vengeance but to follow him maybe the same group did something bad to all Jackson camp.

Last edited:
Dina got captured by the cult
Dina captured by cult; but she is found to be infected so she is executed in-front of Ellie. Is my general theory. Perhaps there was a plan to save her using Ellie's blood or something. But that falls through.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/26/...aughty-dog-plans-to-surpass-our-expectations/

GamesBeat: Are there any other big hints in what we saw today about things that are very similar or very different from the previous game?

Newman: For me, the thing that most defines this game is that every single facet, from the technology to the mechanical game design to the narrative — I feel like every facet, we’re trying to take a quantum leap forward with this game. For example, in the first game, there was no dodge. It was a very simple melee system. When we added the dodge mechanic, we wanted to do it in a way that lived up to Naughty Dog animation quality.

In other games, when you dodge in different directions, maybe there are four different directions you can dodge in, four different animations. In The Last of Us Part II, it’s contextual to the direction that the enemy attacks from and the direction you move to. If an attack is coming vertically and you’re going to the left, it’ll play an animation where she leans to the left, just missing the attack that’s coming. If it’s a horizontal attack, she’ll duck to the right. There’s this pool of dodge animations.

Animation realism is very important to them. They waited to integrate the dodge button to have the technology to do it with realistic animation.

Vengeance because of Dina seems too obvious for me based on their trailers. I think Ellie's mum was rumored to be in this game ? I think it's going to be (mainly) about her mother instead of her GF.

Last edited:
Story-wise the main thing the game has to worry about is not re-treading territory covered by the 37 seasons of the Walking Dead, the Walking Dead games or a million other post-apocalyptic world-in-decline stories that have come out since the first game.

I think Ellie's mum war rumored to be in this game ? I think it's going to be (mainly) about her mother instead of her GF.

Well I've been under the impression all this time, that this woman hanging in there is Ellie's Mother.

2020 looking like a strong year for gaming. Last of US 2, Cyberpunk 2077 in the first half already and some console releases later probably :)

Last edited:
Story-wise the main thing the game has to worry about is not re-treading territory covered by the 37 seasons of the Walking Dead, the Walking Dead games or a million other post-apocalyptic world-in-decline stories that have come out since the first game.
And so Ellie becomes Queen of the Mushroom Kingdom on her very high horse and opens a restaurant called Dina’s Diner Of Shroomies for extreme munchie attacks.

Well I've been under the impression all this time, that this women hanging in there is Ellie's Mother.

2020 looking like a strong year for gaming. Last of US 2, Cyberpunk 2077 in the first half already and some console releases later probably :)
After seeing this and the E3 trailer, I have to say that I also feel the visuals were probably downgraded

The one zone from E3 2018 that was shown briefly in release date trailer, and it looked very similar.

I am still not convinced that visuals were downgraded, it's just that religious fanatic zone was had very atmospheric lightning. However, B-roll animations look a bit more "not as amazing" like year and a half ago.

After seeing this and the E3 trailer, I have to say that I also feel the visuals were probably downgraded

This is a realtime cutscene. They look better than gameplay. And one scene from the reveal trailer looks like the e3 2018 trailer and it looks the same.

I find it hilarious people would claim downgrade from a totally different scene with vastly different lighting and context. Then yeah there's the cutscene animation vs in game animation. Best is to wait till we see that same E3 level in the final game.

I find it hilarious people would claim downgrade from a totally different scene with vastly different lighting and context. Then yeah there's the cutscene animation vs in game animation. Best is to wait till we see that same E3 level in the final game.
Some scenes are similar to the indoor area of the E3 gameplay reveal.

Back