What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing Astral chain

Awesome gameplay
Classic anime tropes story
Looks amazing
Someone already made 60fps patch

But for some reason it doesn't make me can't stop playing.

Started playing baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition. I didn't pc game when baldur's gate2 originally game out so I'm probably in for a nice ride. Game mechanics feel clunky by modern stay standards but I do like my dungeons&dragons so it should still be fun.

Last edited:
if anyone with a spare code for the ghost recon breakpoint beta on PS4 reads this, well, hello ^^
There's a beta for it? :(

Argh usually I always try to get multiple codes for big game beta / alpha. But nowadays I never follow any beta / alpha anymore

The downside of having jobs with uncertain work hours....

Just started Judgment, love it already, it's a nice break from the Yakuza series (I've done 0, 1,2,3 , i'm waiting for 4 and 5 before doing 6 that I already have) while still having a "feeling good to be back in Kamurocho / Kabukichō" vibe :) Now, PS5 can't be coming soon enough. I love their new engine, but having this at 60 fps instead of 25-30 would be awesome.

I tried divinity original sin 2, about 15 hours in, it was on promo on GoG... I like it while hating it at the same time, so I stopped.. I loved the dificulty, all the "lore", the combats, etc... But the quests, omg, it's so bad for most of them. I like not having a "pointer" on the map for quests, so you have to really read the quest and talk to people, but for most of them even doing that are not giving you enough informations where to go. So, you're wandering a lot, and with some luck you make some progress in a quest. But sometimes it leads you to do something in a "wrong" order, and you're kind of screwed for other quests.
Or sometimes you break some scripts all together and the events developements make no sense.

Finished astrak chain yesterday.

Today, no game can grip me :(

Link's awakening is kinda good but it's story doesn't make any bloody sense. The game also breaks so many fourth wall.

The whole game feels like a bunch of fetch quest chained together... Yikes now I remember in death stranding you will be the postal service...

The visuals looks awesomely cute tho.

Back to mindless killing ij Destiny I guess. CMON SHADOWKEEP! WHEN WILL THE PRELOAD WILL CKME TO PS4

I tried divinity original sin 2, about 15 hours in, it was on promo on GoG... I like it while hating it at the same time, so I stopped.. I loved the dificulty, all the "lore", the combats, etc... But the quests, omg, it's so bad for most of them. I like not having a "pointer" on the map for quests, so you have to really read the quest and talk to people, but for most of them even doing that are not giving you enough informations where to go. So, you're wandering a lot, and with some luck you make some progress in a quest. But sometimes it leads you to do something in a "wrong" order, and you're kind of screwed for other quests.
Or sometimes you break some scripts all together and the events developements make no sense.

Beginning including first island is worst part of divinity 2. Especially difficulty in beginning is just ... crazy. It get's a lot better. I liked the last chapter best. There is maps on google that detail recommended level per area. That can be giant timesaver and avoid frustration.

Well as I said what was frustrating me was not the difficulty, but most of the quests design.

Divinity is divided to multiple acts. I really didn't like the act1 at all(ship, first island). Took me a long time to play through that as I just didn't dig it. Second act was where it started to get good and I played it through pretty quickly. Last act was really excellent. Every act is quite different and the quests get a lot better towards end. Some of the companion quests are really cool and the actual main plot starts to pickup steam also.

Oh I believe you. But still, I was in second act I believe (espaced the island / fort joy), and so much wandering around with the hope to advance in some quests, it's ridiculous. When the npcs or books gave indications, It was very cool to play. When not, man... I get why some people love this game so much, but to me, it's so flawed, I'm baffle... Like, on the second island, I find randomly a kind of statue, with "mind" controlled dwarf around it, I had to fight them and destroy the statue. I never find out why or what that was... I stopped soon after that, because I realised that some "sequences" were not triggered because I didn't arrived by the "good" path... I had this kind of thing happenning multiples times...

Anyway, it's not a divinity thread :p

Stumbled on the Mistover Demo on Steam.

Indie Korean developer (Krafton Inc.) although the spoken language is in Japanese.

Free to try. This is like an Anime Darkest Dungeon.

Combat is more tactical and still turn based like Darkest Dungeon. Doesn't seem to have an insanity mechanic, but does some interesting things with luminosity (light level) and fullness (food). Also instead of crafting levels of weapons you can find weapons, armor, and gear in the "dungeons." Gear appears to be upgradable, but haven't been introduced to that mechanic yet.

Combat is a bit more tactical in that your party is in a 3x3 tile area and the enemies are in an opposing 3x3 tile area.

Instead of having a certain amount of days to complete the "campaign" like Darkest Dungeon, you instead have a Doomsday clock before the world ends. The time on the clock can decrease or increase depending on your actions.

You recruit mercenaries similar to Darkest Dungeon. Hell, there are a LOT of similarities with Darkest Dungeon including the art style. However, instead of a creepy yet charming Narrator, each NPC in town has spoken dialog (VERY Anime-ish dialog).

I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised by this Demo. Game releases in Oct. I'm seriously thinking about picking this up. Pretty rare for me to consider picking up a game title at full price.

Oh and controls and interface have a very controller focused feel. There's no mouse control, but keyboard controls are can be fully rebound. It didn't take me long to get used to them. I rebound my keys so I can play it one handed.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
tried the ghost recon breakpoint beta this week end, i liked it, for now it does not feel as good as wildlands, maybe because they added so many customisation like an RPG that i'im not to used to, but i still enjoyed it
and it looks quite nice too, except when flying high

Loving my time with Ori and the blind forest on Switch. Fantastic port too. Really getting suckered in more and more by 2d goodness as of late. Gameplay in 2D is just so wonderfully responsive, guesswork-free and precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back