The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Maybe the beaks become rigid with age or from restoration after drinking all the essence, considering the difference between the 2 timeframes?

Can you name a bird with a soft beak?

This series is clearly much closer in time to the movie than to the '1000 trines ago' origin mentioned in both movie & series so it seems unlikely that there would be a huge change.

I just finished Another Life.
I thought Another Life got better not worse after the first few episodes.
Heck, no! I'll have to agree with @tangey on this one. Stupid deus ex machina all the time, horrible script most of the time, too many absurd situations (idiotic teenage stuff, for instance) and some special effects were waaay too cheesy. I enjoyed some of the actors' performances and it was visually appealing at times, but it's a true pity that the creators totally missed up the opportunity to develop what could have been a really good story.

Still enjoying The Terror: Infamy and putting up with Lost, season 5, the best I can.

A few days ago I finished the last season of TBBT. I cried a lot, haha! I didn't love everything in the show (the lying and some other things were quite annoying), but overall I think it was a good show, it was funny and entertaining and you can't help but love the characters (or some of them, at least).

@DSoup, what about The Terror?

I finished Good Omens. Lovely. I'm not a huge fan of fiction based on religious stuff, specially if it seems to give some credibility to it, but in this case it just masterfully highlighted the absurdity of it all.

Just finished The Boys. Wow. Best show of the year for me.

If I haven't read the description I would still have guessed that Seth Rogen was one of the guy behind it. Some scenes could only be imagined by that creatively twisted guy !

Son of Zorn. I hadn't heard of this show, I found out about it only a few days ago. It's quite funny and original, since it mixes live footage with cartoon characters in a peculiar sitcom.

And I watched the last episode of Lost. Uh... ok. :neutral:

Well, I agree, the series was way too long and confusing, but sure, it was unique and the actors were great.

It's one of those series that could have been great if at the start there had been an overarching story but they just made it up as they went along.

Overall I enjoyed Lost but it was a show that could have ended in season 4. Multi-year epics work best when there is a complete arc from day one, like Babylon 5. There are still filler episodes but you can lay really subtle groundwork for complex plots that make sense 1, 2 or 3 seasons later and upon subsequent re-watches, you can see where character arcs begin their trajectory.

Obviously for writers it's a lot of effort to do that when you don't know if you show will even get picked up by the networks, let alone get a second or third season.

Still love Working Moms, and have watched 3 seasons of Glee which is a lot of fun. Sue is awesome.

Back