FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone rate the batman arkham games in order of goodness
and give a quick review of the lego games.

The first Batman game was the best, IMO. But then I don't like open world games. I think if you like open world games then either the 2nd or 3rd Batman game is considered the best.

All of the Lego games are fun. They're like 3rd person platform-y type games with a lot of collectables, goofy stories and game mechanics involving Lego pieces.

Regards,
SB

Can someone rate the batman arkham games in order of goodness
and give a quick review of the lego games.

Batman: Arkham Knight was a complete console shoehorned mess when initially released on PC. It took some months (even a rerelease) on resolving gameplay, performance and graphical issues that plagued the PC edition. That being said, it's the most graphically impressive game of the trilogy being offered on Epic. Yet, somewhat underwhelming when compared to the others (other than Arkham Origins). #3

Batman: Arkham Origins was OK. The detective crime scene elements brought Bruce/Batman closer to his lore as being "the world's greatest detective." Which gave the game a rather boring RPG type element, which I really didn't care for. #4

Batman: Arkham City was a damn good game plain and simple. #1

Batman: Arkham Asylum is a good game, but lacked a certain polish which Arkham City delivered upon. #2

Last edited:
Thanks Shortbread

On to other news

The Frontier Store now offers the chance to party like it's 1984 with the release of the original Elite for free

From the original box description: "Command your Cobra space ship in a fantastic voyage of discovery and adventure, a supreme test of your combat, navigational and entrepreneurial skills. Trade between countless planets, using the proceeds to equip your ship with heat-seeking missiles, beam lasers and other weapons - corporate states can be approached without risk, but unruly anarchies may be swarming with space pirates. Black market trading can be lucrative but could result in skirmishes with local police and a price on your head!

However you make your money, by fair means or foul, you must blast onwards through space annihilating pirate ships and hostile aliens as you strive to earn your reputation as one of the Elite!"

“The game of a lifetime” Zzap! 64. May 1985.

Details
Package includes a disk image of the original Elite for BBC Micro B; BeebEm, a BBC Micro and Master 128 emulator that enables you to run BBC Micro software on your PC; and instructions for getting started with both BeebEm and Elite.

System Requirements
For PC only. Requires Windows XP or greater

https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat.html

If it hasn't been mentioned yet... Rockstar is offering a free copy of GTA: San Andreas once you install the storefront launcher. This launcher will be required for all future and prior Rockstar game titles, including titles on Steam.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/rockstar-games-launcher

I hope this launcher will be better and more bug free than their previous launchers (which always break for me).

Not holding my breath though. Hell, even UBIsoft's launcher is a piece of doodoo sometimes, but still better than the past Rockstar launchers that I've used.

Regards,
SB

Free (ish)
GungHo Online Entertainment America has announced that the HD Remaster for Grandia 2 will hit the PC on October 15th.
Furthermore, this HD Remaster will be available as a free update to all existing owners.

I hope this launcher will be better and more bug free than their previous launchers (which always break for me).

Not holding my breath though. Hell, even UBIsoft's launcher is a piece of doodoo sometimes, but still better than the past Rockstar launchers that I've used.

Regards,
SB

Well, just wanted to let myself know that the new launcher is still a piece of crap. After it was done installing...

An unknown error occurred.

GG, Rockstar. Everyone feeling the need to re-invent the damn wheel. So, can't play the game I bought because your launcher sucks and won't let me create an account that I didn't used to need for your games.

I'm so glad the Japanese game companies don't have their heads stuck up their asses and feel they need to have their own launchers. Their games JUST WORK.

Regards,
SB

Everyone Has to Get FreeSpace 2

Then install Knossos (its a launcher for freespace and its mods)
then select freespace 2 open and the freespace 2 open media vp's
then get the frreespace port (freespace 1 redone in the fs2 open engine)
then install any mods you wish over 100 (just click install its that easy)

What is FreeSpace 2 open
It's the opensource version of Freespace 2
dont forget FreeSpace 2 Open also has :
the ability to play Freespsace 1 (using all the FS2 enhancements) by using the FSport mod (FreeSpace 1 not needed)
opengl renderer
hardware tnl support
high poly models
high resolution textures
normal mapping
specular mapping
alpha environment mapping
glow mapping
new ai
specular highlights
widescreen support
multiple resolutions (retail only supports 3)
changeable fov
compressed texture (dds) support
support for vertex buffer objects
text to speech (for campaigns that have no voice acting)
support for cockpits
trackIR support
and lots more.....
zd7TVf0.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone Has to Get FreeSpace 2

Then install Knossos (its a launcher for freespace and its mods)
then select freespace 2 open and the freespace 2 open media vp's
then get the frreespace port (freespace 1 redone in the fs2 open engine)
then install any mods you wish over 100 (just click install its that easy)

Too bad it is such a convoluted mess.

Epic Games has announced that Metro 2033 Redux and Everything are now available for free on its digital store. From today and until October 3rd, PC gamers can acquire free copies of these two games.

No its not, install game, install launcher then click on what you want

Then watch how FSO refuses to start because folder mismatch and original cannot be started from Knossos anyway because of "unsupported joystick". Try to uninstall FSO, you cannot, because original now depends on it.

Thanks Davros, but I could not get over Knossos. The FreeSpace Open Installer works and isn't it pretty much the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back