Control (Remedy, 2019)

upload_2019-8-30_14-40-35.png

Hit "OK" and now our weapons damage is increased by 23x. Really shows off the destructible environments.

The rest I'll let you figure out, the notes on the table are pretty good. If you have any questions or problems please post them up, I've been in love with cheat engine for a long time. I don't like using other people's trainers not knowing what's in them, but with cheat engine it just lets me find/tweak variables in the game myself and it's sort of a game in itself for me sometimes just nailing down the memory address that I want to fuck with. ;)

Sorry this was so long, but it's for you Dav. Hope it helps.

Oh shoot, and the cheats are automagical. Just go back to the game and play and they should take effect. You can bounce in and out of the game to cheat engine to turn things on/off or alter 'em too.

Like I mentioned, I LOVE cheat engine! Makes it a lot easier being an older gamer. ;)

Control suffers from some really annoying stuttering issues in DX12. However, it appears that this is mostly due to Windows 10 and not the game itself.
PC gamers can use Exploit Protection to eliminate all stuttering issues,
To anyone experiencing the DX12 stutter try the following:

1.In Windows Settings search and open Exploit Protection
2.Click On the Program Settings Tab
3.Click On The + Add Programs To Customise
4.Click On Choose Exact File Path
5.Find Control_DX12.exe Click Open
6.Programs Settings For Game Opened ,Scroll Down To Control Flow Guard
7.Put Check Mark In Override System Settings And Turn From On To Off And Apply

It’s also worth noting that this workaround can eliminate the stuttering issues in other DX12 games too.
All you have to do is disable “Control Flow Guard” in your other DX12 games and test them yourselves.

Control suffers from some really annoying stuttering issues in DX12. However, it appears that this is mostly due to Windows 10 and not the game itself.
PC gamers can use Exploit Protection to eliminate all stuttering issues,
To anyone experiencing the DX12 stutter try the following:

1.In Windows Settings search and open Exploit Protection
2.Click On the Program Settings Tab
3.Click On The + Add Programs To Customise
4.Click On Choose Exact File Path
5.Find Control_DX12.exe Click Open
6.Programs Settings For Game Opened ,Scroll Down To Control Flow Guard
7.Put Check Mark In Override System Settings And Turn From On To Off And Apply

It’s also worth noting that this workaround can eliminate the stuttering issues in other DX12 games too.
All you have to do is disable “Control Flow Guard” in your other DX12 games and test them yourselves.

Very interesting

I think I must be getting close to the final act. Really enjoying it. It's not as weird as I was expecting. It's a pretty approachable weird. Keeping my interest pretty easily and feels really nice to play. I'm not sure I'm big on the light rpg elements. I may have just been happy with the powers and a fixed difficulty (with difficulty selection). I've died a few times, and I have to pay attention at times, but I'd say it's on the easy end for me where I would have preferred a slightly harder option.

Man should I buy this now or wait for 7nm Nvidia gpus? I have a 1080, and no desire to upgrade to 2000 series.

So, now that I've seen Control in person with RT on, it's an impressive showcase for RT.

However, when thinking about it, it's also a pretty limited showcase. The reflections are very impressive, but how many games are going to feature reflective floors and floor to ceiling plate glass windows almost everywhere? Or wet floors?

For example, while playing Gears 5, there's very limited occasions for RT based reflections to be shown off. But in those few cases where the reflections break down (it's generally very good in Gears even without RT), it would be appreciated, but those situations are few and far between.

Lighting is the other area where RT can shine, but Metro: Exodus shows that is a mixed bag at best. The performance hit in that game was so large that all lighting couldn't be converted to RT. This lead to incredibly inconsistent lighting. So much so, that the lighting in Gears 5 looks significantly better than the lighting in Metro: Exodus with RT on, IMO. Not only because the lighting is really good Gears 5, but that it is consistently applied throughout the game.

So, while Control is a very impressive showcase for what RT can bring, from what I've seen, at least with how NV's RTX line does it, it's generally not worth it. Control is basically the only game that has been released thus far that shows that the performance hit and price premium for RT is justified, IMO.

Unfortunately the takeaway is that what makes it so good in Control isn't something that can be so ubiquitously implemented into other games without some sort of contrivance to make everything shiny and reflective. In other words, it fits within the confines of the location where Control is set, but it wouldn't be so ubiquitously present in other environments.

Regards,
SB

I finished the main story arc last night and must admit I was impressed. I hate great games that have terrible endings, it just kills the whole thing for me. This one didn't, 'nuff said. :)

This.

I'm really enjoying my free-time after completion of the main mission of just wondering around through the complex collecting miscellaneous items of power, staff notes and cutting down leftover Hiss soldiers and entities.

Also, there is a nice hex-hack (requires less than 3 minutes of your time) on getting the PS4 exclusive content on your PC. The Astral Dive Suit is quite nice from the back... lol

I've also created two nice SLI profiles on running the game smoothly at 6K and 7K DSR sampling (minus RT of course).

Thanks for the hax trick, gonna do that when I get home and see how long I can play before someone grabs me to do something. (I think today is "finish up the VW by putting her console back together and the GPS and camera system installed. So it'snot like it's going to be awful, it's just the time between me getting back from running my daughter around until my wife gets home is somevvery rare" me" time and I have found it's best to take it when I can get it. :))

found it,
had to go into select mission and redo a mission
That was the one that got me to, had to google it to find out. LOL

It was where you had to cross that too long distance on the janitor's vacation, wasn't it? I remember finding a walk through on how to get past it and was like, "Wait, how are they levitating?!??!"

I don't think I can count that as a flaw of the game though, just a bit weird that they didn't force us to get the power we'd need later. They did such incredible attention to detail otherwise without making it feel like they were holding your hand and telling you what to do, it was a result of that freedom of choice that goofed us both up a bit. :)

I STILL love the game, just fantastic. The more I play it the more I discover, and this is after finishing the main game!

Today, Remedy announced the acquisition of the full rights to the Control franchise from publisher 505 Games for €17 million, which is basically what the publisher had paid for the development of Control 2 and codename Condor to date. 505 Games will remain the publisher of the original Control through a transition period that will end on December 31, 2024.

Remedy decided to proceed with this operation to ensure better deals for future installments in the franchise.

Back