I didn't need help with this one, I jumped on it like...something fantastic!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Saw an old friend who recently upgraded and had sold his 1070 was getting ready to try and sell the rest of his system on Facebook Marketplace, I told him to post up what he had and what he wanted for it as I'm much better than Marketplace for old hardware. He did and it was half of what I expected a really good deal to be and I jumped on it as I thought it was a no-brainer. The CPU/mobo/memory are for my son, an SSD for my wife's PC since it's the only one that doesn't have one, and a solid PSU to fix up my daughter's desktop with as well as a TB HDD and SSD!

I think I won the internets last night, couldn't sleep for hours after. Me and John were going to meet halfway since we thought it was only a few hours, but it's a 4-6 hour drive each way just to meet halfway and neither of us has that kind of time with our families and such so he's shipping it sometime. I'm just feeling INCREDIBLY lucky and grateful right now!

JohnReynoldsOldPC.jpg

I'm not sure if that's just what he wanted or if he gave it that price because it was me asking, I'm leaning towards the latter knowing John. He knows I'm gonna upgrade my son's rig with it and then build a new pc for someone who doesn't have one out of all the spare parts. (I just remembered what I do when I have that many spare parts, I know too many people who either don't have PCs or have old/weak ones who could really use it and can't afford it. I like doing stuff like that, it's my way of paying forward how everyone helped me learn all about computers. :) )

Also since I don't wanna bug John or put any pressure on him since I know how goofy his life is I decided to research it a bit myself since he wasn't totally sure about the components. ( I can relate to that, I've had to open up my rig to see what i was running more than a couple of times).

Found this thread, and it made me even happier!

I love friends with champagne tastes who take incredibly good care of their hardware and sell it off cheap, it just makes me smile thinking of what I'm gonna do with all those bits. I was so excited last night when I found out about it I couldn't calm down for 2-1/2 hours and it took 2mg of xanax to assist me. It was a happy kind of not calm, I assure you. I'm not familiar with Intel during this era so it's fun to have a lot of new stuff to learn and hands on experience has always been the best teacher for me.

Thank you John, big hugs and love buddy!

EDITED BITS: Just heard from a him a while ago, the bits are all from that build. SPECS! I GOT SOME SPECS!!! :D

Last edited:
Back