Gears 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Huh, apparently, I can start playing tonight. Thanks GPUltimate.

Got a co-op partner? :p

*anxiety rises* ಠ_ಠ

Gears 5 or Gears 4? I didn't know there was co-op in Gears 4?!?!?

Gears 5 or Gears 4? I didn't know there was co-op in Gears 4?!?!?
Yup, there's 2 player campaign co-op in Gears 4.

I believe they still kept split-screen for PC version too if you have someone there already.

So I wonder if they're experimenting with Beast mode (Gears 3) behind the scenes since one of the characters can control a non-human enemy unit.

yrodik71irk31.png

:LOL:

Official unlocking date/time -- https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/09...onight-the-chain-debuts-in-nfl-season-opener/

Huh, apparently, I can start playing tonight. Thanks GPUltimate.

Got a co-op partner? :p

*anxiety rises* ಠ_ಠ

Darn you! Game Pass PC doesn't get the early access to the game. So I guess GP Ultimate gets the same early access as buying the Ultimate version of the game?

Argh, I have to wait until the 9th. For the single player campaign I don't mind, but really wanted to jump into Horde mode.

Regards,
SB

So we broke the natural ebb and flow of spacetime or something, and Graham got into the game I was hosting before me. (Or everything is server based with no fallback for p2p)

And then there were two of him in the social list in the main menu.

So we broke the natural ebb and flow of spacetime or something, and Graham got into the game I was hosting before me. (Or everything is server based with no fallback for p2p)

And then there were two of him in the social list in the main menu.
I heard there are tons of server issues for Gears since UGP release date. Is it a volume issue? or other?

Allegedly they got a lot of the server issues worked out late last night (after I went to bed on the East Coast), but I wouldnt be surprised if they need to also push out a client-side patch as well to get things where they want them to be. People have been able to play, but then some were saying they weren't earning in-game-progress, are they called credits now or iron currency or is it prestige points? Maybe they got things more sorted now?

This was all based from what I saw on Twitter around 9AM EDT.

You can set both a minimum and maximum fame rate?! I love it already.

This game needs to be the poster child for how PC settings should be done. *every* PC dev can learn from this.

Every settings has an impact indicator on it.
Every setting (where possible) has an option to see the IQ impact of the different settings.
The benchmark screen is perfect. Breaks down the frametime along with framerate and a recap of settings you used.

This game needs to be the poster child for how PC settings should be done. *every* PC dev can learn from this.

Every settings has an impact indicator on it.
Every setting (where possible) has an option to see the IQ impact of the different settings.
The benchmark screen is perfect. Breaks down the frametime along with framerate and a recap of settings you used.

Sounds awesome. Most likely picking the game up when I'm finished with Control.

Allegedly they got a lot of the server issues worked out late last night (after I went to bed on the East Coast), but I wouldnt be surprised if they need to also push out a client-side patch as well to get things where they want them to be. People have been able to play, but then some were saying they weren't earning in-game-progress, are they called credits now or iron currency or is it prestige points? Maybe they got things more sorted now?

This was all based from what I saw on Twitter around 9AM EDT.

I guess that's one benefit of not being able to play until the 9th. Hopefully most of the bugs will be worked out by then.

Regards,
SB

I’m down for escape mode. If you guys want to do the coop MP type thing. One of the issues I have with horde mode is sitting in the same area. With escape mode and a time limit; much more fun. Feels quite a bit like diablo. Randomly generated escapes!

Online issues causing me problems from starting earlier last night.

Last edited:
upload_2019-9-8_0-33-34.png

That's how the benchmark looks. Easily the best implementation by a mile. Even puts professional reviewers to shame.

The game runs well and I don't think anyone will have an issue with making it work for them on various PC configs. As you can see, it's a GPU focused game so I don't expect older CPU's to get stressed out compared to something like Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

End spoilers
I wonder how they'll handle the story continuity in the next game.

I guess that's one benefit of not being able to play until the 9th. Hopefully most of the bugs will be worked out by then.

Regards,
SB
They seem to have worked out the kinks. A lot less stalling in the menus for sure. I'll have to go through the campaign a few times since the intermittent connection messed with some tallying of collectibles etc.

It's kinda too bad there's no NG+ for the upgrades you collect.

I’m down for escape mode. If you guys want to do the coop MP type thing. One of the issues I have with horde mode is sitting in the same area. With escape mode and a time limit; much more fun. Feels quite a bit like diablo. Randomly generated escapes!

Online issues causing me problems from starting earlier last night.

They ought to make the character selection screen like with the 3 players on the same selection screen at once (Kinda like a Vs Fighter). It's a bit of a jumble when people's defaults are the same, and then they go to separate screen to select a different character, and end up picking the same character again (of course) - more for random matchmaking where no one talks.

This may or may not be even worse when it comes to random horde online with 5 people trying to pick uniques all at the same time.

I'll need to play more, but I don't quite understand their choice of locking a character to a specific class when they could just use the class icons from Gears 4 and put those over top of the player heads in-game. That way, people can play as the character they want to use, while still making it easy to see which random player is playing what class without needing to hit the back button.

It seems more like a solution for ease of identifying ultimate abilities, which I'm not sure are super important enough although maybe it was just a way to prevent 5 people from exploiting a particular ability that would make it overpowered.

Last edited:
Back