Logitech Unifying USB vulnerabilities & firmware

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
While reading about wireless keyboard encryption, I stumbled across some news about Logitech's popular Unifying USB receiver for all sorts of devices being cracked by some researchers. Several firmware updates have been released to patch most of the vulnerabilities. One update came out a few days ago.

I updated two of my receivers without any drama.
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360033207154-Logitech-Unifying-Receiver-Update

https://www.zdnet.com/article/logitech-wireless-usb-dongles-vulnerable-to-new-hijacking-flaws/

I was fairly certain I have that, but running their firmware update tool said no devices detected. Maybe I'm confusing my multiple older RF USB Logitech with newer RF Blootooth Logitech?

I was fairly certain I have that, but running their firmware update tool said no devices detected. Maybe I'm confusing my multiple older RF USB Logitech with newer RF Blootooth Logitech?

It needs to have the orange Unifying logo. I have a Logitech gaming mouse that uses a fancier RF signal and does not use the Unifying receiver. And yeah there is certainly older stuff that doesn't use it, and it is not Bluetooth.

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3
The firmware updater also updated my K400 Plus keyboard. That's the only thing other than a receiver that it has wanted to update. Interesting. It checks what is paired to the receiver and if those things need an update it does that too. There is a separate "Unifying Software" that you can get from Logitech that is for pairing devices to the receivers and it shows you what is paired and the firmware versions.

4 receivers down! I wonder if I have more somewhere...

Ah, my main system is using a larger USB based Logitech MX Revolution dongle. Looking back at my orders, my HTPC had a Unifying dongle but the mouse acted up so much that I threw it out after it hit the ground with gusto.

The firmware updater also updated my K400 Plus keyboard. That's the only thing other than a receiver that it has wanted to update. Interesting. It checks what is paired to the receiver and if those things need an update it does that too. There is a separate "Unifying Software" that you can get from Logitech that is for pairing devices to the receivers and it shows you what is paired and the firmware versions.

4 receivers down! I wonder if I have more somewhere...
Double-thanks, I got a K400 also!

Thanks for that. I never would have thought the Wireless Mouse Charging pad for the G903 had a unifying receiver in it, but I guess it does. Now it's updated.

Regards,
SB

Back