Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Gear drops and experience scale with difficulty, so it works as a limitation to how fast you can gear up.

The challenge in D3 was never meant to be the campaign. The leaderboard is the challenge.

At release on PC, the campaign was very much meant to be the challenge as that was all there was. There was only the campaign at Normal, Nightmare, Hell, then Inferno. While D3 even at launch was significantly easier than D2, it was also quite significantly more difficult than the current version of D3.

The first console release reduced the difficulty quite a bit and the difficulty only continued to be decreased in subsequent versions as they tried to appeal to a wider audience. To compensate for this they eventually released rifts and then later torment difficulties with added torment levels added in some "seasons" as power inflation made even those ridiculously easy.

Basically starting a new campaign at Master is much easier while Torment 1 is maybe just a little harder than the original PC D3 release at normal. New players unfortunately only get to experience the baby difficulties when they first play the game.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Season 18 just started and I decided to finally go with the Wizard this time. Leveling to 70 went quite smooth as well as the season challenges with the Wizard. The DMO starter set is quite nice and I made a fun Blast build. However, I finally farmed all pieces for the Vyr set and the Chantodo set. As described by many, the Chantodo Vyr Archon build is a brutal beast. I have Paragon lvl at about 500, not even all my Topas upgraded to max (lol, I am lazy), and still using the first gear versions I found and can clear a GR80 in less then 5min.

I feel a bit squishy though and once I die, it is quite hard to get back into the full mode. I wanna farm for the Ring of Royal Grandeur to work in the new Captain Crimson set....this looks super strong to me.

I have Paragon lvl at about 500, not even all my Topas upgraded to max (lol, I am lazy), and still using the first gear versions I found and can clear a GR80 in less then 5min.
You're paragon 500 in Season 18 already?? That's insane.

It would seem more insane if there weren't people who are already paragon 2000+. My non season account isn't even paragon 2000 and I've played most seasons to paragon 800+.

You're paragon 500 in Season 18 already?? That's insane.

If you wanna level paragon as quickly as possible (and farm for gear as efficient as possible), I'll strongly recommend to do as many Greater Rifts as possible. Try to stay away from bounties as much as possible, and only do the rifts to get the keystones for the Greater Rifts. It seems to me that only GRs give you decent XP to level up in my experience and it seems to me that GR have way higher legendary drop rates than bounties or standard rifts.
So in short, do GRs if you want to "use" your time as efficient as possible :)

Edit: Btw, the console S18 started even later than the PC season...so I only Saturday and Sunday to play :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Finally progressed a bit. Still only paragon 600, but could finish GR 88. these high lvl rifts kill my ps4 though...when the whole screen is exploding...lots of stuttering!

Chantodo Vyr seems rly a very strong build and is relatively easy to play...

Last edited:
Cool. Now that I have played Wizard, Crusader is also my only class where I never went into endgame.

Maybe S19 is my Crusader season :)

Played some more yesterday and got a basic version of the Tal Meteor Shower build running.

Much simpler to play than Chanto Vyr as it seems quite tougher. But obvious less power lvl so far. Still could finish GR85 with it. But instead of my best of 2:45 min, it took me about 9min or so.

But I like this new build quite a lot and hope that I find a decent ancient Deathwish to boost the power!

Played some more Vyr Chantodo Archon and reached Paragon 800. GR95 so far, might get a bit higher with current gear.

To lazy to farm for augmenting my Vyr gear, so I started to build a LOD meteor shower wizard...

So this Season I've gone the farthest ever for myself, considering I've rarely play in teams before and don't really push GR's and gear much. With my Akkhan Condemn Crusader I just comfortably finished my first GR90, without an Ancient weapon (which I just managed to get shortly after it tonight). Also hit Paragon 600 which is much higher than I've previously bothered to get in past seasons.

With the season circles, I've managed some 2+ trillion damage hits.

Uah, stepped into the actual season late and boom: addicted again!

Witch Doctor this time again.

Have some real toughness problems with my Jade build...dmg is good, but I get one shot in GR54 left and right.

So for the first time I decided to go for a Legacy of Dreams build, as I had some ancients already - but also seem to have troubles with toughness.

Decided to farm for the Mundunugu set - got it and bam: toughness 128 million no problem whatsoever :)

Dmg seems good as well, missing some good gear still...but could clear GR60 easily, so there is some room left.

Let‘s see how far I grind this season :D

PS: D3 is best game ever created!

Got some better gear and figured a better build with the Mundunugu set.

Managed to clear GR95....while the rift itself is easy, the guardian causes me troubles...I am hence leveling bane of the stricken.

Ok, finally made it to GR100. At only paragon 650, it seems Mundunugu is quite strong.

But all other builds I can come up with are very weak in comparison :(

Not sure if there is another viable WD build?

Started to play season 22 couple of days ago - this time the Necromancer class. Wow, super strong I have to say. Maybe the strongest class I have played so far in recent seasons.

I could clear a GR 109 yesterday in 5-6min with a bone spear build. I think I can reach 115GR with this build. Nice. Also, I am playing the speed variant of this build as it is just to much fun sprinting around in hyper speed and killing things :) Paragon level 800 I do not bother to farm materials in bounties and hence don't care to augment the gear - so I find this level of GR pretty impressive. Also, PS4 pro getting to its limits sometimes when the enemy density is max :D

What I like about this class is, that there are 2 very good alternative builds that offer very different playstyles.

I also have a classic LOD singularity mage build and cleared GR 100 (currently leveling up the legendary gems). It is a squishy glass canon pet build that needs some care while playing as you need to role through the rift without stop to keep the momentum.

And there is a crazy melee variant, LOD poision scythe that is super fun and completely different again. With the speed variant, I could clear GR105 and currently leveling up the LOD gem as well.

Cool! The only thing I could wish for improvement is the transition to a second class. I just don't feel leveling up another character to level 70 again - I hope this gets streamlined in D4 :)

As it is, D3 is still one of my alltime favorite games.

Back