The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Also ... Olivia Munn is in The Rook, so I'll have to give that series a go.

Olivia Munn on was recently The Daily Show promoting The Rook. It looked like an interesting premise but I'll wait until digitalwanderer has sat through the first season. So many shows start out strong but have run out of new ideas a few episodes in. It used to be shows have have a solid first season then tank in the second, now many shows can't even hold my interest past episode six.

I'm glad the series of Legion is over and done with. Some highs but too many lows and missed direction or editing to tell a coherent story.

Respectively, I can't buy the ending they worked out. At no time at all did they show actual character development to have
Amahl Farouk change his mind or attitude towards David. Just an episode earlier he was on the airship and still wanting to hunt down David. We know his motives was not to prevent David from destroying the world, so there was no redeeming qualities of Farouk shown to make his abrupt change believable.
The only actual character development shown that was believable was
Syd through having lived a proper second life growing up, and it did indeed change her attitude towards David.
. It cheapened the entire experience and may as well have resorted to Deus Ex Machina for a better experience.

Well I'll argue with you over Legion S3 when I got more time/energy, but I finished the Rook last night and REALLY enjoyed it! Lots of twists, surprises, fascinating characters, and cool ideas stretched out to the breaking point.

Recommended. :)

The Terror. So good. I want to finish quickly season 1, because I've been told that season 2 is set in Japan and it features the yokai.

Also, Another Life. Meh... it's a bit cheesy. Maybe such good sci-fi shows as The Expanse have spoiled me so much, and now everything else seems cheap. But I objectively believe (lol, I just remembered Miss South Carolina and her "I pursonally believe...") that the script is not very good, the cast is more miss than hit and there's a bunch of stupid things happening one after the other. However, the story is interesting, so I will keep watching.

I finished atypical season 2 yesterday. The whole show is top notch from start to finish. Highly recommended for its humor and insight into what higher functioning is like.

Another life...First couple of episodes are good, but it totally loses its' way after after 3, and was a real slog to finish. not recommended.

Legion, I started this a couple of years ago, but dropped out after a few episodes. Seeing chat here got me watching it again. I think the physcedilic (spelling) nature of it was what did it in for me around about the ice cube episode, but I've pushed on thru this time and enjoyed it and I'm onto season 2.

must check out rook.

Another life...First couple of episodes are good, but it totally loses its' way after after 3, and was a real slog to finish. not recommended.
What? If I'm already seeing all the flaws and I just watched the first episode, I can't imagine how much worse it can get, really, but we'll see...

I thought Another Life got better not worse after the first few episodes. It's still not great, but not as much of a shit show. If they do a second season, they should be able to fix or improve upon all the issues.

The Terror. So good. I want to finish quickly season 1, because I've been told that season 2 is set in Japan and it features the yokai.

This passed me by last year, will definitely give it a watch come autumn.

I thought Another Life got better not worse after the first few episodes. It's still not great, but not as much of a shit show. If they do a second season, they should be able to fix or improve upon all the issues.
The insertion of entirely random love interests that serve no purpose in plot generation was the main bug bear for me, including the classic 2 guys in space loving the same girl, she seems to pick one, the other goes to walk away and sulk only for her to say "no, you stay too".

The insertion of entirely random love interests that serve no purpose in plot generation was the main bug bear for me, including the classic 2 guys in space loving the same girl, she seems to pick one, the other goes to walk away and sulk only for her to say "no, you stay too".

Oh yeah, I more or less tried to forget that part of it and focused more on the SciFi and less on the drama-for-your-mama. One of the later episodes they actually had character development, maybe it was episode 8 out of the 10? It was too late, as most viewers already tuned out.

Finished watching Alien Nation. (a movie, several seasons of tv and then several tv movies)
District 9 kinda stole the premise & made it an action shootey film but this is in LA with Aliens = Mexicans and its a cop show with a Mexican partner, good fun and a lot of topical stuff about racism/bigotry.
Loads of guest actors from Babylon 5 &/or later famous.
Its a show I used to catch an episode of here & there on Saturday mornings back in the day but never got round to watching in full, worthy but kinda fades out in the end.

Robin of Sherwood the '80s TV show that made Clannad a thing.
Honestly was less impressed than my recollection, also fizzles out in the end.

Now watching Earth Final Conflict (not the Scientology thing with John Travolta! thats Battlefield Earth as I've had to separately tell 2 friends).
Another show I only caught occasional episodes on Saturday mornings.
Think V but across 5* 20+ episode seasons, no idea where its going to yet.

Robin of Sherwood the '80s TV show that made Clannad a thing.
Honestly was less impressed than my recollection, also fizzles out in the end.
I find that happens a lot when I decide to re-visit a series that I loved when I was younger.

Back