No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

So there seems to be no pro support yet for the VR version, and it should come later; hopefully.
I must say even if it's blurry land, i've spent 3 more hours in VR, and it still feels great ! It's the damn full experience all in VR, taking off, going through the clouds, then into space, and to another planet, what a trip !

So there seems to be no pro support yet for the VR version, and it should come later; hopefully. I must say even if it's blurry land, i've spent 3 more hours in VR, and it still feels great ! It's the damn full experience all in VR, taking off, going through the clouds, then into space, and to another planet, what a trip !

You're making me want to double dip this and dive in again. I bought it on Steam on launch. I recall it being a UI-heavy game, how does that work in VR?

You're making me want to double dip this and dive in again. I bought it on Steam on launch. I recall it being a UI-heavy game, how does that work in VR?

UI is ok in VR, but advice pop ups are annoying, and seem to repeat indefinitely with no option to turn them off, maybe it's a bug for now ? Sometimes i remove the ATH completely in the options, for pure exploration purpose.

Downloaded and tried playing on my Vive yesterday, it won't load past the Havok screen. It just crashes 2 out of 3 times, with the 3rd time just completely freezing up. Looking over the Steam forum this seems to be an issue, and a different one than the few days old bug with the WMD's that were crashing that was apparently fixed.

No Man's Sky went from being a total embarrassment on launch to basically delivering on most of the things it said it was going to be. Not sure I've seen another game have such a strong turnaround after release.

Yep. Huge commitment to their users. Really good example of how you deal with an unsatisfied customer.
That's not really what happened. As Sean mentioned in an interview, they kept making stuff because they kept selling. It wasn't any honour thing, any commitment to deliver promises to those who bought their game and then felt short-changed. Despite the vocal dissenters, the game kept selling, and adding more content has made it reach a larger audience. They add more content now 'for free' because that increases units sold and so they're still making good money, which is what it's all about.

Last edited:
No Man's Sky went from being a total embarrassment on launch to basically delivering on most of the things it said it was going to be. Not sure I've seen another game have such a strong turnaround after release.
They have done really well.
It must have been tough first year or two, yet they persisted and did awesome job.

I cannot wait to see what they will do during next generation.

Back