No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

When you're building a base you don't want to venture miles off to get carbon and dust, you need a ton of it and the biggest quantities come when a resource is fully depleted. :-|
Am I weird when I don't want to mine all the resources around the base I'm building so there's scenery around? I always run/fly off somewhere else to mine.

Since it patched tonight with 1.53, now I can't stay ingame for more than 10-20 minutes before sudden CTD with no error.
Oh that's not good. I will have another dive on this weekend because I'm convinced if I can reach a point where I can improve my multi-tool and inventory to the point where I don't feel like I need to mine every 2 minutes I can thoroughly enjoy the base building, exploration and fleet mechanics.

Inventory management is by far the biggest problem for me. Especially when you have stuff that you're not sure if you can sell without issues down the road (sell that rare item now when you might need it for a mission/craft/another reason later!?)

just discovered yesterday (after 34h of playing) that there are tech slots on the backpack, multitool and ship.
Mind blown.

just discovered yesterday (after 34h of playing) that there are tech slots on the backpack, multitool and ship.
Mind blown.
Yeah my wife pointed that out to me, I had no idea. Additionally, the backpack has a Cargo section as well and slots created in there hold double the amount of resources compared to normal slots.

That is something I’ve been waiting for for quite a while! I think it’s been more than two years since I last played the game ...

Is this game actually good now?

Yeah, as much as I ripped into them at launch for how badly the released game was compared to the developer's aspirations, I have to give the developer much kudos for sticking with the game and working hard to improve the game such that it not only met most of the pre-release expectations, but exceeded them in many areas.

As to whether it's good, it depends on whether you are into sandbox type exploration games with procedural generation. That's still what it is at heart. It's just that there are a lot more systems in play now that are a lot more fully fleshed out.

Regards,
SB

I boot up NM'sS every couple of years and I give the devs major props for sticking with the thing, but as far as I'm concerned implementing a million extra ways to build and craft is never gonna adress the big-ass issue at the game's core: it's a game about exploring billions of planets in a giant-ass galaxy. And unfortunately most of them blend together after a couple of hours. The terrain generation is just too limited. You'll never come across something like a Grand Canyon or the Himalayas in NM'sS. All you're ever gonna find are gently sloped hills and a bunch of cracks in the floor.

some other devs would have sold it as a DLC or even a sequel ! Nice from them !

and....

OTXXtL.gif

:LOL:

Last edited:
I boot up NM'sS every couple of years and I give the devs major props for sticking with the thing, but as far as I'm concerned implementing a million extra ways to build and craft is never gonna adress the big-ass issue at the game's core: it's a game about exploring billions of planets in a giant-ass galaxy. And unfortunately most of them blend together after a couple of hours. The terrain generation is just too limited. You'll never come across something like a Grand Canyon or the Himalayas in NM'sS. All you're ever gonna find are gently sloped hills and a bunch of cracks in the floor.
That's my concern - what do you do? In the above trailer for the latest update with creature riding etc, what are the motivations to go anywhere and do anything? I'm reminded of The Tomorrow Children where there was lots to do, but no real reason or motivation to. After a bit of exploration of the game, it felt empty without a purpose and attaining goals.

Back