Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Windows is actually running on the consoles. Curious.
There's no technical reason not to, I guess. I wonder who's providing the build for Windows, though. Is Microsoft making a build for Sony, or was it AMD who developed all the drivers so they can install a generic Windows 10 license in them?

The engineering effort to make it work is trivial compared to e.g. what Microsoft and Qualcomm are going through to get Windows 10 working on Snapdragons.

Honestly, I'm 100% sure now 2G16002CE8JA2_32/10/10_13E9 has nothing to do with the next-generation of consoles. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But as of now, I see no concrete evidence it being in either Sony's or Microsoft's machines. Just a lot of speculation and assumptions. A nice document dump would do. Similar to the prior and current generation.
The only "evidence" I see is Tum Apisak claiming it to be for consoles. There's also the fact that the second character "G" means it's a "gaming" chip like the console chips and the Fenghuang.
But it could be a gaming APU for the PC market on embedded devices, e.g. for gaming laptops or small Steam Machines.

I am pumped for next-gen and I don't know about technology. So I'm throwing this out here so you can laugh at me or maybe find my contribution interesting. I was looking at it because I was really interested. Then I thought, can Sony use this for the PS5?

renderTimingPixel.png

It's a Sony product to be released on 2020 for only $130 that can cool down the whole body. It's pocketable air-conditioner that can lower the body temperature for 10 degree celsius. It operates on battery so it probably takes a few watts to operate?

An even smaller version of this that make sense in a console will probably be a lot cheaper. I mean $130 for this thing including the margin, battery and R&D, this thing might be super cheap to manufacture.

image03.jpg

https://first-flight.sony.com/pj/reonpocket

32114-54645-sony-reonpocket-test-l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i genuinely thought this thing produces cold air.. but apprently it's just a miniturized fan.. cool idea but nothing new technology-wise

i genuinely thought this thing produces cold air.. but apprently it's just a miniturized fan.. cool idea but nothing new technology-wise
yeah this was like the first time in a decade I was excited for tech, but if its only a fan, sheesh!
OK the human body produces about 100 watts, so perhaps 5-10 watts at the back of the neck, I expect requires to much energy I expect to keep something frozen, you'ld have to plug it into a USB battery pack on your waist.
Someone make this happen!

No it's not just a fan. It's a thermoelectric element (probably driven at a low current for a high COP). It looks like the goal is not to cool the body, but to cool the nerve endings in the back of the neck.

This is obviously unusable to cool electronics. It's like cooling only the thermal sensor instead of cooling the entire chip.

Yeah according to Google the earliest mention of PS4's 1.84 Tflop GPU was in 2000, I knew Kutaragi was a (crazy) visionary, but this means he even orchestrated his own downfall and departure, the move to AMD and x86 13 years later, as well as AMDs roadmap for the next 11-12 years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ps4+1.84+tflops&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA857CA857&source=lnt&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:,cd_max:2012&tbm=

You think that is impressive? That's just the start of his plan. Guy had planned ahead up until PS9.

11GGn8pyG2cV839XD2Ub.jpg

This is obviously unusable to cool electronics. It's like cooling only the thermal sensor instead of cooling the entire chip.
Should be fun watching people using that in super hot environments convinced they'll be better but then sweating like crazy and suffering from heat stroke.

Oh man, how did you know? You just leaked the name of the product for the Western markets. Sony Fanboy. Hope you weren't under NDA.

Regards,
SB

I'm not, but my uncle who works at naughty dog is. He's told me SFB can do 80 Million ray traced polygons at 8k60 fully uncompressed pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back