I Need Your Help

Yeah. Black is the "gamer" line, blue the economical, and green economical and environmentally friendly.

I've had a lot of luck with the blacks, but you're right you pay a bit of a premium. For me the three I got have been worth it, I got 'em on specials. :p

The blues I've had a lot of luck with too. I can't really tell a speed difference if they're both 7200rpm, but the blues are cheaper. I think it's a controller cache thing, but for me the practical result is black or blue is good as long as they're 7200 and green is bad.

Still, "F". :(

There are only 2 types of hard drives, those that have issues at the early part of their life and those that have issues at the very end of their lifespan. It's a bathtub curve for hard drive mortality. The brands only slightly skew what percentage of drives fall into the early deaths. It's why everyone should exercise and test a hard drive fully before trusting it with their data.

I recently had 3 of the WD Green's die on me. But they were all about a decade old. That said, my Samsungs that are even older are still going strong, and I still haven't had a Hitachi drive die on me.

Regards,
SB

Back