Frack, stupid phone and stupid Sprint!

Nope, no sim. I put my old phone's sim in it and that's why I couldn't get it to activate. Once I took it out and reran the activation procedures it worked perfect, pretty sure it has an onboard one that they programmed through the wifi.

Next up, how do I get my old texts off my old phone and on to my new one? I can't see my display, but I can access my drives hooking it up to my PC with a little work. Anyone know where they are? :|

That's what I meant. The Google Pixel 3 is a dual sim phone but one of the sims is an eSIM rather than a physical SIM that you put in. Sprint likely would have programmed the onboard eSIM with your account.

https://phoneradar.com/google-pixel...m-dual-standby-support-with-android-q-beta-1/

Previously only one could be activated, but looks like you might be able to activate both now, but only one can be in use.

Regards,
SB

What is special about Android? That you cannot uninstall all the unnecessary bloat from Google? I have used cyanogen and basic android and honestly given how big a company Google is I don't find it impressive. At least you should be able to root the phone and get a little control over the way it works. I despise the way the phone ecosystem has developed .

What is special about Android? That you cannot uninstall all the unnecessary bloat from Google? I have used cyanogen and basic android and honestly given how big a company Google is I don't find it impressive. At least you should be able to root the phone and get a little control over the way it works. I despise the way the phone ecosystem has developed .

Yep vanilla android is worse than cyanogenmod (now lineage os).

The apps directly from Google itself are awesome tho.

Currently the one most awesome and useful daily is Google camera. It's "night sight" is crazy good

What's a good voice mail app? It keeps trying to make me use the old sprint one which I HATE! (It had ads, ads in a basic app?!?)

I dunno sorry. I just use the LG one for that. I do agree about camera app orange, but I don't particularly like the Gmail app or many of their other apps. The camera software is different in that it is software wizardry making photos better. That is a backend issue not a user facing design issue. I think a lot of camera apps are as intuitive and user-friendly they just don't produce the same quality.

Best part of this new Pixel is whenever I restart it I see the sweet Google logo start up with absolutely no mention of Sprint anywhere! :D

Stupid, but it makes me smile.

Back