Advances in Artificial Intelligence for next generation, & advanced AIs in videogames

I think we'll see AI improve dramatically over the next few years. If you can hire in reinforcement learning engineers, you've got a decent shot at making adaptable AIs for every situation, just dump them in and let them go. At least they can have some fluidity and not require cheating to create challenge for the players.

It's currently my next area of research that has been completed by others but for myself, my goal is to make some AI to play video games for me.

The ideal is AI that plays the game as a virtual player. Every character is a player controllable character with input signalling, and the AI sits on top controlling it. You could even have coordinator AI players controlling level features. It's potential a one-stop solution that's both ideal in simplifying game development and in providing a superior AI experience.

A.I. for QA testing. :p
this one is a bit tougher because the game is always changing and what needs to be checked is always changing.
But doable with the right type of AI looking to perform a very specific purpose. Like walking around and getting stuck etc.

What could be a game changer would be an AI that can fuck my nagging girlfriend so I can play my videogames in peace. Right now she has to do it with her yoga instructor.

The ideal is AI that plays the game as a virtual player. Every character is a player controllable character with input signalling, and the AI sits on top controlling it. You could even have coordinator AI players controlling level features. It's potential a one-stop solution that's both ideal in simplifying game development and in providing a superior AI experience.

Microsoft can redeploy Tay so play testers of online games enjoy a more authentic online experience.

Microsoft can redeploy Tay so play testers of online games enjoy a more authentic online experience.

yeah, with all the "cloud cloud cloud" mantra MS has been spouting for yeeeeears (and got flamed on early years of X1)... they dont really do anyting with their "cloud prowess".

something like Tay to populate RPG with tons of NPCs. Or even for a new-breed of visual novel where the story keeps giving you fresh dialogue every "run".

no need to directly go hi-tech complete with awesome animation, neural-generated-voice, etc. Start with text-based NPC dialogue.

btw does MS allows anyone to tap into Tay or something? Would be pretty sweet to hack together NPCs in old games (memory-hack should be relatively easy for injection) to have Tay dialogue hahahahahaha

Back