Favorite youtube video

Vast 'pumice raft' found drifting through Pacific Ocean

A vast "raft" of volcanic rocks stretching over 150 sq km (93 sq miles) is drifting through the Pacific Ocean, scientists say.

The sea of pumice - the size of 20,000 football fields - was first reported by Australian sailors earlier this month.
"A lot of life... can attach themselves to the pumice and be transported thousands of km away. So it's a way to renew ecosystems somewhere, but it also can introduce invasive species," Dr Jutzeler said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49469446

Last edited:
Since I noticed Carnack's weird 'gulps' and short breathing noises he does once he finishes every sentence, this has been the sole thing I can focus on on everyone of his apearances.

To me carmack even with all of his idiosyncrasies like using i.e in spoken language are more endearing than distracting. It's rare to find well spoken software/technical genius. It could be much worse. It's good there is at least a little bit of uniqueness left in world.

The discussion itself was quite interesting ranging from vr, gaming history, moore's law, judo to cars and rockets.

This could have ended up in other dedicated threads but decided to just throw it here. Ryan George does some great stuff, including if you haven't seen them, the hilarious Pitch Meetings.

Very fascinating and in parts funny talk about game industry and making games. Pretty old video, but still interesting.

Back