G2A scum tactics.

The data provided by G2A was interesting. In one example, in all the keys sold for a particular game, there were over 100 sold by one single person in 1 day, being 45% of the total and 85% of the keys sold for that game were by only 3 people. If G2A actually cared, they could simply add a selling limit and flag people selling lots in a short timespan.

There is one relatively high profile company that takes an active hand in banning/invalidating keys. Arena.net has an active stance in banning keys that are found fraudulent.

You can look up Guild Wars 2 in relation to G2A fraud and come up with tons of threads from people asking why their account got banned, and in most cases it'll be because they bought their key from G2A.

There is a difference between banning an account and banning a key. If someone does a chargeback on a DLC/expansion you can just remove access to that content (at least the first time that happens).

There is a difference between banning an account and banning a key. If someone does a chargeback on a DLC/expansion you can just remove access to that content (at least the first time that happens).
You can, but only if you assume there's a system built for it. It may be a wholly manual operation and if the volumes are what I think they are, it's unfeasible.

So in order to make themselves look better, G2A expands out to shilling and admits to it.

We have written an unbiased article about how "Selling stolen keys ongaming marketplace is impossible" and we want to publish it on Your website without being marked as sponsored or marked as associated with G2A. It is a transparent and just review of the problem of the stolen keys reselling. Below I attach an excerpt of the article, if You want the full article, just let me know:

Haha that's a rather piss poor attempt at covering up.

Where can I find this totally unbiased article? I really want to read it.

This is mostly a result of the outdated but impossible to get rid of credit card clusterfuck, it's a fraud magnet.

Thank you America for giving us that fucking monstrosity and thank the EU for now fucking cementing them into the same place in our economy. Must have been some real fancy dinners and revolving door jobs the EU kleptocrats got out of it. Who could have guessed the credit card companies would raise their fees after the EU made it illegal to pass them on to customers? No one right? Now just like Americans I'm forced to use a credit card or cut my own wrist for not doing so, thank you EU.

Uhm, less RSPC more Gaming focus, please.

Back