Nvidia Turing Product Reviews and Previews: (Super, TI, 2080, 2070, 2060, 1660, etc)

Your kidding right..?
Bcz ray tracing means that much to you? And you believe a 20 year old game is going to bring people into the fold on raytracing?

What are you talking about?
Doom Eternal is a 100% new game coming out in November this year and Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out in April 2020.
Literally no one is saying the quake 2 ray-traced remaster you're so fixated on is going to sell hardware.

People who own a GTX1070, or GTX1080 will be better served getting Navi on a new x570 AM4 mobo.
What does the motherboard have to do with anything?
Not sure if trolling...

I don't see any major developers who are not going to be working exclusively on RDNA. Is there anything else out there but RDNA now..? (being honest here)

Turing? I get the sense that I must be misunderstanding your post, as I don't see any way to make sense of it otherwise.

Your kidding right..?
Bcz ray tracing means that much to you? And you believe a 20 year old game is going to bring people into the fold on raytracing?
20 year old game? Doom Eternal will be released November this year, age of the franchise is hardly relevant

Who is the customer of these cards...? Certainly not anyone who owns an RTX already.
These SUPER cards make no sense, at this time.

Nvidia's gaming revenue is way down quarter on quarter and consensus is that is related to those high prices for original RTX if not as mentioned earlier for folks on the fence but didn't buy. The (S) cards give no reason to buy a Radeon 7 for gaming and damper AMD's Navi for sure. What sucks is the up-stacking pricing from both companies this generation. If you are in the market for a new card, the value proposition is there for (S) over the competition.

Nvidia's gaming revenue is way down quarter on quarter and consensus is that is related to those high prices for original RTX if not as mentioned earlier for folks on the fence but didn't buy. The (S) cards give no reason to buy a Radeon 7 for gaming and damper AMD's Navi for sure. What sucks is the up-stacking pricing from both companies this generation. If you are in the market for a new card, the value proposition is there for (S) over the competition.

I agree, but then again Dr Su herself suggested not to buy Radeon 7 for gaming. And said that Vega (uArch) will still be used in compute, but that RDNA is the future of gaming. (And at the same time shortly after R7's release, AMD had V56's & V64's going dirt cheap, trying to persuade people to get a cheap V64, rather than be angry at a "hand-me-down" Pro-render Mi50 card. That wasn't suppose to be there in the first place.)

So, I do not think AMD is at all concerned about an EOL Radeon VII competing with a monolithic SUPER chip in the Mainstream space. SUPER hits this week and big navi (w/RDNA2) hits in about 4~6 months..? I don't see SUPER running off shelves, or even see people upgrading. Those on the fence will continue to sit there until AMD releases their 5800/5900 series and/or Nvidia releases their new GeForce series.

Who is going to be first?

I don't see SUPER running off shelves, or even see people upgrading.

Nvidia is keeping the prices the same for the 2070 and 2080 lines, so Super versions of those cards will go for $499 and $699, respectively, while the 2060 Super will slot in now at $399, or about $50 more than a standard 2060. The 2060 and 2070 cards launch on July 9th, and the 2080 Super comes out on July 23rd
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/2/2...2060-2070-2080-ti-price-release-date-announce
I think you need to slow down and think about what you're writing before you write it. This is the 2nd time now someone is pointing out blatant incorrect information in your posts. I can already guess that by July 9th, you're going to bring up this point in again. I will just say that i cannot see radiation, but it is there and present and can kill me in the right dosages. You need a way to detect and measure something you cannot see.

You cannot see things the product run off shelves or see every single person upgrading. So come up with a more accepted way of proving your arguments, the same way that anyone else would, monthly or quarterly sales results etc.

. If you are in the market for a new card, the value proposition is there for (S) over the competition.
I'm pretty sure that we don't have official Navi benches out yet and Supers aren't in stores yet either - isn't it a bit early to call one over the other for value propositions

Really looking forward to the head to head showdown between 2070 super and 5700xt. Specs wise they match up perfectly though the 2070 has its fancy separate int pipeline. Hopefully Navi can make a good showing and keep prices in check.

I'm willing to give Nvidia a pass because Turing dies are huge and the days of $350 x70 parts are probably long gone. That said it would be nice if 2020's 7nm parts bring a bit more bang for the buck. I'm skipping the entire Turing generation as my gtx 1080 has a lot of legs still but next year will be time to upgrade.

Nvidia is keeping the prices the same for the 2070 and 2080 lines, so Super versions of those cards will go for $499 and $699, respectively, while the 2060 Super will slot in now at $399, or about $50 more than a standard 2060. The 2060 and 2070 cards launch on July 9th, and the 2080 Super comes out on July 23rd
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/2/2...2060-2070-2080-ti-price-release-date-announce
I think you need to slow down and think about what you're writing before you write it. This is the 2nd time now someone is pointing out blatant incorrect information in your posts. I can already guess that by July 9th, you're going to bring up this point in again. I will just say that i cannot see radiation, but it is there and present and can kill me in the right dosages. You need a way to detect and measure something you cannot see.

You cannot see things the product run off shelves or see every single person upgrading. So come up with a more accepted way of proving your arguments, the same way that anyone else would, monthly or quarterly sales results etc.

LOL^
My opinion is not blatant incorrect information.

So you believe just the opposite..? That these updated SUPER cards are going to fly off the shelves..? And Everybody is scampering to put in an order and they will all be sold out..? If so... can you explain WHO is going to buy them..?

Everyone I know... (talking some 40+ gamers) either bought RTX, or passed altogether. They have waited a whole year for a new card and SUPER is not it. So they are still waiting. New Monitors are coming out and most GAMERS will be buying the superior FreeSync2 monitors.... that Nvidia cards don't comply with. So again... who? is buying these SUPER cards..?

And explain to us, why you feel that these will be overwhelming sellers... Only time will tell if I am right, but you sound annoyed over the fact these SUPER cards don't sit well with anyone.

LOL^
My opinion is not blatant incorrect information.

So you believe just the opposite..? That these updated SUPER cards are going to fly off the shelves..? And Everybody is scampering to put in an order and they will all be sold out..? If so... can you explain WHO is going to buy them..?

Everyone I know... (talking some 40+ gamers) either bought RTX, or passed altogether. They have waited a whole year for a new card and SUPER is not it. So they are still waiting. New Monitors are coming out and most GAMERS will be buying the superior FreeSync2 monitors.... that Nvidia cards don't comply with. So again... who? is buying these SUPER cards..?

And explain to us, why you feel that these will be overwhelming sellers... Only time will tell if I am right, but you sound annoyed over the fact these SUPER cards don't sit well with anyone.

This isn't the thread for your own beliefs about sales.
This isn't the thread for AMD products.
Please move on to factual matters about Nvidia Turing products.

So, nVidia is dead ? Right ? Should I sell everything ?

PCIe4.0 has TWICE the bandwidth/speed....
I would think, if you are a top tier gamer, you will already have a build planned for August.

Nvidia might of faired better (more sales) if they didn't come out with SUPER and just lowered all their current RTX cards by 15%... cuz I don't see SUPER having super sales. Are you selling your RTX to buy a SUPER..? Why not?

And just to noodle the Nvidia's SUPER argument.... do you feel/think/believe that the Radeon 5800 series is going to be worse performance than the 5700 series..? And ask yourself, what is coming sooner, the 5800 series, or 7nm Nvidia gaming chips..? (I buy things, but pretending to sit on the fence, is fun!)

So is NVidia dead..? (it's rhetorical at this point....)

And this is why we can't have nice things... People unable or unwilling to take direction and follow the designated topics.
Hopefully a 1 month temporary ban to the offender will have a more positive impact.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super Review
July 16, 2019

NVIDIA-RTX-2060-SUPER-ResNet-50-Inferencing-INT8.jpg

NVIDIA-RTX-2060-SUPER-ResNet-50-Inferencing-FP16.jpg

The big improvements in terms of compute, memory bandwidth, and memory capacity for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super has an enormous impact. Increasing memory size to 8GB had “Super-sized” impact. In some of our rendering tests and especially with Tensorflow training, we saw outsized gains over the 6GB GeForce RTX 2060. On some of these deep learning benchmarks, we could not run the RTX 2060 6GB cards because of memory constraints. With 8GB, the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super has significantly more deep learning training potential.

https://www.servethehome.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-super-review/5/

Back