Detroit [PS4, PC]

I finally finished it last night, great game. I was sad that my Kara got killed in the end. I might have to play the last chapter to see other endings. This game does define a genre and I hope there are more like it in the future, but my intuition tells me it was very expensive and more high budget interactive movies might be rare.

Unless Detroit bombed completely I'd say QD's future is probably secure. While it certainly wouldn't hurt, this probably isn't the kind of game that's expected to make mountains of cash. Similar to the situation with The Last Guardian, releasing something like Detroit is definitely a great way to stress just how diverse your 1st party portfolio is.

I'm hoping to tie up my first play through this weekend but the weather has been great lately so no game time at all except for Switch.

Unless Detroit bombed completely I'd say QD's future is probably secure.
It's their best performer so far.

Quantic Dream enjoys its best start
The game Detroit: Become Human has already attracted 1 million buyers, according to the French studio. It was developed in four years, in Paris.

Quantic Dream prides itself on never following up on its video games and preferring to create totally new worlds. On the other hand, their successes have an air of déjà-vu. "We have just passed the million mark sold for Detroit: Become Human, two weeks after the release of the game, said Guillaume de Fondaumiere, the deputy CEO of the French independent studio. This is clearly our best start. The previous title of this flagship of narrative video games, Heavy Rain, in 2014, took five weeks to break the milestone of one million copies. In total, it attracted 5.5 million players.

Only available on Playstation 4, the commercial performance of the game must be compared with other titles reserved for the Japanese console. In this category, Quantic's game does not compete with the recent God of War by Santa Monica studio and its 3.1 million sales in three days. But the multiple-ending scenario imagined by Quantic Dream founder and creative star David Cage is also more demanding.

Developed in four years in the twentieth arrondissement of Paris, Detroit: Become Human has been pre-funded by Sony. The partnership between Quantic Dream and the manufacturer of the PS4 has been renewed with each new game for twelve years. Discussions are underway for the studio's next project, which won't come out until several years.

"Our revenue depends on Sony's advances and our profitability (depends on) the success of our games," says Guillaume de Fondaumière. He claims 10 million euros in annual revenue. His company has 115 employees on permanent contracts and at certain stages of the development of the game, more than fifty professionals in fixed-term contracts.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/detroit-become-human-sold-1-million-units-in-two-weeks.48043/

"Developed in four years in the twentieth arrondissement of Paris"

Dumb question, is that not one of the bad parts of Paris? Seem to recall a friend advising to stay away. Then I might confuse it with some other place

Dumb question, is that not one of the bad parts of Paris? Seem to recall a friend advising to stay away. Then I might confuse it with some other place

It depends which place, part near the famous pere lachaise cemetery is very cosy. Some other part are not very safe like near Stalingrad metro station during the night but during the day it is ok. And like other districts, the 20th has some gentrification going on.

If someone renovate a flat he can fix the rent price after it is the law. Some tenant renovate a full building and increase renting price and it is impossible for the people with low wage to rent and they are most of the time kick out of Paris. I think in 20 to 30 years, people with low wage will be nearly all out of Paris.

Edit: I am not living anymore in Paris becaibe I am a French guy living in Switzerland but Paris is an expensive city if youncompare wage and cost of life. Most of the people live in suburb and take public transportation to go to job.

Last edited:
It depends which place, part near the famous pere lachaise cemetery is very cosy. Some other part are not very safe like near Stalingrad metro station during the night but during the day it is ok. And like other districts, the 20th has some gentrification going on.

Thanks

Until 2011 Charlie Hebdo's editorial office was in the same building as Quantic Dream's offices. January 2015 there was an attack on the Jewish supermarket (also loaced in 20th arrondissement of Paris) which was only a few 100 meters away from the office. On November 13th 2015 a big attack happened very close. There is at least one employee who left Quantic Dream for this reason.

Until 2011 Charlie Hebdo's editorial office was in the same building as Quantic Dream's offices. January 2015 there was an attack on the Jewish supermarket (also loaced in 20th arrondissement of Paris) which was only a few 100 meters away from the office. On November 13th 2015 a big attack happened very close. There is at least one employee who left Quantic Dream for this reason.

Terrorist attack can happen anywhere. Out of stay at home, there is no 0 risk. And I lost someone during November 13th 2015 attack. We can't stop to live.

Reactions: JPT
Sorry for your loss. He/she and many other victims will be missed by many.

Sure. Something can happen everywhere but if one does not feel comfortable for him and his family and sees other possibilities he should leave.

Last edited:
Wow this one is free on PS+ this month. Very nice.

I almost bought it, good thing I never did!
Same here, I came very close to buying this game too.

Also, it's the Digital Deluxe version which bundles Heavy Rain.

In practice, to make up for the PES 2019 fiasco Sony is releasing two full games, one of them being a very recent and high-profile production.

Has this been released on other platforms already? If not, will it happen soon? Cause that is a good way to try to steal the multi-plat realease thunder a bit, if you wanna be an ultra-competitive company.

QD said the reason PS4 & the PS4 Pro version don't have a Photomode was due to consoles not powerful enough to run it, hopefully the PC version would include it.

Should I feel bad that I stopped playing this game about halfway out of sheer boredom?

I can only take so many QTEs and analog stick gestures..

Back