Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navi GPUs have a series of products and current 5700XT may be the less efficient GPU of the whole Navi family.

So using 5700XT you may only predict the baseline performance of next-gent consoles, not final.
Perhaps, but AMD didnt make any promise for 2020 Navi except some kind of RT.

Knowing AMD, they would hype their product years in advance, just to miss deadline and then deliver less impresive one year late (talking about GPU side last 6-7yrs).

In any case, Sony and MS have their roadmap and can pick and chose tech they find interesting. I am of the opinion that they just went in Nvidia direction and you wont be seeing some crazy TF advancement next year. If this leak about ~9TF Navi is true, and its faster then Vega56 and Vega64 by palpable margin, then what difference does it make if consoles are ~8TF, when their performances are better then what we expected a year ago?

Maybe. Or it may be that Navi was late, as was pretty much confirmed by AMD and there was no way console will be ready for 2019.
Confirmed by AMD when?
Of course they might be saying there's no console coming in 2019 now, but I doubt AMD was saying that during 2018 or earlier.
First because it wasn't their place or right to comment on unannounced products from other companies, second because they themselves don't comment on the release date of their own unannounced products. Even their official roadmaps are now as vague as possible.

That and fact that Apple literally has monopoly over TSMC 7nm manufacturing capacity till next year.
Apple could hardly have the "monopoly" on a process node that isn't even being used at full capacity, and isn't planned to be until somewhere during Q3.

Let's avoid these types of assumptions. We have no clue what Microsoft plans were.
Yes we have.
We know Phil Spencer said, a year ago during E3:
Phil Spencer said:
The same team that delivered unprecedented performance with Xbox One X is deep into architecting the next Xbox consoles, where we will once again deliver on our commitment to set the benchmark for console gaming.

And we have Matt Booty on Bloomberg saying (00m50s):
Matt Booty said:
I think it will absolutely be the most powerful immersive console on the market.

This is the "baseless next generation rumors" thread, not the "let's all pretend people didn't really say that" thread.

Confirmed by AMD when they moved Navi from 2017, to 2018 and in the end to 2019, with "big Navi" coming in 2020. Just look at their roadmaps for last few years.

AMD-GPU-Roadmap-Polaris-Vega-Navi.jpg

As for their capacity, Apple and mobile will swallow a big part of it by the year end. There has been 0 rumors about Sony delaying console for a year that it would result in completely different design/performance. Its much more likely that AMD was late (as they are), and 7nm capacity will be full at the end of the year.

Mind you, best chance is that Sony always went for 2020 and rumor in itself is bogus.

We need a Universal Shit Scale to rate rumors believability and sources credibility.

I was looking for rumors if the PS5 will have UHD BD player and found this:
I have seen it a long time ago it's from november 2018 and I guess it's been posted here. Anyhow it made me a little hmm..considering what we know now. 6 core CPU well well. Just felt for bringing it up and hopefully getting some fuel in this thread?

I was looking for rumors if the PS5 will have UHD BD player and found this:
I have seen it a long time ago it's from november 2018 and I guess it's been posted here. Anyhow it made me a little hmm..considering what we know now. 6 core CPU well well. Just felt for bringing it up and hopefully getting some fuel in this thread?

HDD = fake.

HDD = fake.
Yes and the 6 core CPU. I did not bring it up for us to take it as a good rumor with all those errors, but considering it is 7 months old and they got the RT and BC and some other stuff, it made my eybrows lift a little. I remember when I first saw it I was like yeah right BS!!. With all these shit rumors we have been through and the shit mood it put us in, I guess it was better not to post it, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back