Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Could just get an enchantment patch ala Titanfall 2. (backward compatible + cost-effective patch)

Here we are again with a pseudo jedi using the force to kill people, acting in offense and not defense...
And lightsabers not cutting through everything with ease...
And weapons that resists light sabers carried by regular troopers...
And what the hell is that time freezing ability?
Everything is wrong about this game to me, it has a beautiful star wars skin though.

The gravity could be weaker on Kashyyyk, making the surface waves extra bouncy [and Kal's jumps a bit floaty].

;)

Naw. I highly doubt the development team was thinking about the planet's gravity effect (the equations) on people, objects and fluids. Just looks like a terrible implementation of fluid dynamics when swimming.

And lightsabers not cutting through everything with ease...
Disney has forbidden chopping of the humanoids [but there are no restrictions on droids/alien animals/objects]

And weapons that resists light sabers carried by regular troopers...
That's the common trope in the SW videogames, they have to provide some kind of opposition to the player. BTW I commend them for enabling that single lighsaber shot kills the stormtroopers, games today rarely have one-hit-kill enemies like that, but in this universe, that makes sense.

And what the hell is that time freezing ability?
That's the force power that Kylo Ren uses in the new trilogy. He can selectivley timestop multiple things at once.

Vader had different abbility, he could absorb blaster shots with his palms [Cloud City].

I don't understand why such animosity towards this game.
I think they are tackling some very complex technical chalenges here and coming up with great final results. And at 60fps at that!
I mean, we had a scene of a 3rd person character swimming in a convincing foggy swamp, with dynamic tesselated rippling water with waves big and small, climbing up a giant moving craft, seamlessly entering it and navigating it's cramped cordidors, with detailed and well lit environments in there, with no camera cuts or break in gameplay between the vast outside evironment and indoors, and enventually it evolves into him in the cockpit fighting anemies outside. This is filled with very hard gameplay, animation, lighting, simulation, etc problems, and they seem to have relied in very little smoke and mirrors and cheap avoidances of tacking the real thing heads first.
Finally a studio that is not ND or SSM tackling that kind of high polish cinematic 3rd person adventure with grandiose complex setpieces. Of course it has its rough edges here and there. But for a first studio's effort in this style of game, I'm impressed it looks this good already.

Last edited:
I think they are tacklung some very complex technical chalenges here and coming uo with freat final results. And at 60fps at that!
I mean, we had a scene of a 3rd person character swimming in a convincing foggy swamp, with dynamic tesselated rippling water with waves big and small, climbing up a giant moving craft, seamlessly enterinf it and navigating it's cramped cordidors, with detailed and well lit environments in there, with no camera cuts or break in gameplay between the vast outside evironment and indoors, and enventually it evolves into him in the cockpit fighting anemies outside. This is filled with very hard gameplay, animation, lighting, simulation, etc problems, and they seem to have relied in very little smoke and mirros and cheap avoidances of tacking the real thing heads first.
Finally a studio that is not ND or SSM tackling that kind of high polish cinematic 3rd person adventure with grandiose complex setpieces. Of course it has it's rough edges here and there. But for a first studio's effort in this style of game, I'm impressed it looks this good already.

+1

I think they are tacklung some very complex technical chalenges here and coming uo with freat final results. And at 60fps at that!
I mean, we had a scene of a 3rd person character swimming in a convincing foggy swamp, with dynamic tesselated rippling water with waves big and small, climbing up a giant moving craft, seamlessly enterinf it and navigating it's cramped cordidors, with detailed and well lit environments in there, with no camera cuts or break in gameplay between the vast outside evironment and indoors, and enventually it evolves into him in the cockpit fighting anemies outside. This is filled with very hard gameplay, animation, lighting, simulation, etc problems, and they seem to have relied in very little smoke and mirros and cheap avoidances of tacking the real thing heads first.
Finally a studio that is not ND or SSM tackling that kind of high polish cinematic 3rd person adventure with grandiose complex setpieces. Of course it has it's rough edges here and there. But for a first studio's effort in this style of game, I'm impressed it looks this good already.
All while using an engine that is a nightmare to optimize (UE4).

I'm looking forward to this. Looks great. And I can imagine some of the cool lightsaber toting enemies that come later, as I suppose those mini boss pole wielding guys are just the tip of the iceberg and already pretty cool.

Star wars games are some of the absolute best for audiovisual showcases IMO. All those iconic colors and bombastic music, awesome settings etc. Battlefront was great in that respect. Great games to show off your big tv and xbox one x or ps4 Pro. Heck this tradition goes back to that Star Wars game on Gamecube LOL

Wish it was 30 for more graphics, but ehh. Don't see the point of 60 in a SP game. Most highest rated Sony exclusives that dominate metacritic are 30 FPS in campaign for example on at least base ps4 (Uncharted, gow, horizon zd etc), doesn't hurt their standing...

Wish it was 30 for more graphics, but ehh. Don't see the point of 60 in a SP game. Most highest rated Sony exclusives that dominate metacritic are 30 FPS in campaign for example on at least base ps4 (Uncharted, gow, horizon zd etc), doesn't hurt their standing...

They are pulling most eye candy we could expect of a current gen game right as it is. I think 60fps adds much more to the game's presentation and gameplay feel than some extra polygons.

Back