AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ryan Smith sait, that he have a bunch of informations he will wrote down till last friday. I think the finformation are to much, but i think next week we will get mor infos on anandtech.

Ian Cutress:
When I spoke with Mark Papermaster at CES, he explained to be that AMD has one CPU architecture group and two implementation groups. Given recent successes with AMD’s product portfolio, do you expect that to change?

Lisa Su:
The CPU group is definitely getting larger, if that’s what you mean! But so is the GPU group – David (Wang) has a very large group too. But we are on a very clear roadmap – Zen 2 is what we’re talking about today, Zen 3 is deep deep in development, and Zen 4 is also in development. Similarly, with the GPU group, we’re talking about the first generation of RDNA today, and we have several generations in parallel. So I think the one thing that I would like to say is that our roadmap has not changed. Our roadmap, when Mark and I and the rest of the team started the roadmap, was the idea that we needed multiple generations of continuous improvement. So with Zen, Zen+, Zen 2, Zen 3, that was all part of the plan. As we go forward, we’re going to continue to be very very aggressive about the CPU.

How far away is the 64CU RDNA(2) chip?

Last edited:
since latest roadmad says otherwise, It won´t be next year....
Which roadmap is that? The E3 one? You sure you're reading that right? Just because it ends with "2021" doesn't mean the end of the line is at the end of 2021.
But let's entertain the idea that the end of the line is actually end of 2021 - with the line cut up to five equal portions (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021), that would still put the RDNA2 more on the 2020 side than 2021 side.

Which roadmap is that? The E3 one? You sure you're reading that right? Just because it ends with "2021" doesn't mean the end of the line is at the end of 2021.
But let's entertain the idea that the end of the line is actually end of 2021 - with the line cut up to five equal portions (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021), that would still put the RDNA2 more on the 2020 side than 2021 side.

No it clearly says RDNA2 is 7+nm , 7+nm products are 2021year just as next Ryzen

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2074161/

Last edited:
No it clearly says RDNA2 is 7+nm , 7+nm products are 2021year just as next Ryzen

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2074161/
While Ryan knows probably crapload more than most of us put together, that post in no way indicates he has actual solid information on any dates or that AMD would have told him how to read it.
But like I said, even if we assume the bar is ends at the end of 2021, the RDNA2 block is placed so it's more on the side of "2020" than "2021".

upload_2019-6-26_22-42-2.png

edit: same goes for Zen3 for that matter, nothing on the placement of it's block on the roadmap says "2021". As for the 7nm+ process, it's already in production, there's no need for delays because of that (as someone suggested near the post you linked I think)

edit2:
Let's just add this: AMD has outright said that Zen3 (Milan) is mid 2020 and reconfirmed that recently:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14568/an-interview-with-amds-forrest-norrod-naples-rome-milan-genoa
PCWatch: Support for DDR5?

Forrest Norrod: DDR5 is a different design. It will be on a different socket. We've already said Milan is a mid-2020 platform, and we've already said that's socket SP3, so DDR4 will still be used for Milan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back