Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

I was saying it was unrealistic. You'd need far more than the current top end. Shortbread was saying the PC can't be used as a reference point because consoles can do more thanks to optimisation. I say that PC represents a fair comparison here because the difference between what PC can do with and without optimisation isn't going to make a huge difference to that 8x 2080 requirement.

You can do triple screen 4k/60 with three ps4 pro, they would be able to do 8k/120 with 4x PS5. Years ago the ps3 presentation with gt6 in 4k was tiling 4x ps3. The option was right there in the menu. It's a fringe feature but sim racers are fringe people.

At least it shows how much higher res the cars have been scanned. I guess.

I had to think of the exact same thing. Anyway it is always interesting to get a glimpse into the future ...

With no idea of hardware, it's not a lot to go on. Just means somewhere down the line on some console, GT may get raytracing.

i think they could implement this for photo mode rendering as an option, would take maybe several minutes to render but it would generate awesome pictures.
It certainly would be feasible option.

Currently they create plenty of images and combine them to one in old good accumulation buffer style.

It should work nicely with path tracing and such as they could distribute rays to different images.

Rain weather is coming soon.

EYCz2UA.gif

Thing is.. GT Sorts looks awesome during replays (thanks to 60fps & heavy use of DOF, great lighting and camera angles, croped aspect ratio...and often times tiny GIFs..like driveclub) but actual gameplay (especially in cockpit view) looks like bollocks:

The return of the invisible/black interiors circa GT4/5/6. Yeah! /jk

Ironically, Forza 7 which everybody loves to shit on.. looks miles better during cockpit gameplay (in real life not youtube comparisons..).

Last edited:
Thing is.. GT Sorts looks awesome during replays (thanks to 60fps & heavy use of DOF, great lighting and camera angles, croped aspect ratio...and often times tiny GIFs..like driveclub) but actual gameplay (especially in cockpit view) looks like bollocks:

Ironically, Forza 7 which everybody loves to shit on.. looks miles better during cockpit gameplay (in real life not youtube comparisons..).
Visuals look great to me

Is that because of HDR though? Does it work well on an HDR TV?

That's already been debunked several times in the thread. Besides DOF use, gameplay graphics are the same as replays.

In fact if you use bumper cam and pan around while racing, it just looks like a replay.

Interior lighting and the darkness of shadows vary depending on the time of day and the dev trying to balance the camera exposure with those variations for the cockpit view. You can turn up the exposure for the cockpit view if it's too dark. Driveclub suffered from the same thing.

Back