What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from playing World War Z, some Worms Battlegrounds online with my brother and a friend and drinking beers, Cheers!

I have quit gaming for some years and would like to go back with something worthwhile.

Would you recommend Sekiro?!
Hollow Knight as well looks interesting as well.

Don't know which one to go for

I just bought 2 dvd's of Metro 2033 and codemasters F1 2011 for the pricely sum of 30p each
I already have these but it's nice to have backups.

Just finished divinity original sin 2. It was very good. Especially the last act felt awesome as the story lines got satisfying endings. There was a lot of fun areas to explore and battle through. Also some major eye candy. At places I felt scared as the enemies looked so amazing despite the fact that my party was able to beat those enemies just fine. My only major complaint is that the normal difficulty is pretty damn tough. Especially the beginning is super, super difficult and confusing. It almost felt the game got easier towards end with some weird difficulty spikes here and there. That was both good and bad. Bad in the sense that the beginning is very demotivating and it's not easy to get into the game. On the other hand there is good feelings of accomplishment along the way when one figures the difficult stuff out.

Highly recommend DOS2 for anyone who wants to experience modernized oldschool rpg with fun and varied battle mechanics. It also has co-op local/over internet. It probably would be fun game to play through with a friend who can commit 100h+ into it. It might make sense to cheat a little bit as there is maps in internet that have levels overlayed on top. That could save frustration as one would know where to not go. On the other hand using that would loose on the exploring and getting beaten to bloody pulp experience.

Looking for a new single player game to start. Not sure what I would like to play next. Probably not something as gigantic as divinity. Some smaller game that I can finish quicker without sinking in 100h+.

Currently playing
T8TvMk4.jpg

Only Joking.....

Crash Team Racing on the Switch. Friggin' excellent port of a great cart racer. A cart racer that will test your patience and persistence like few other games (that I've played), though. God damn it is the A.I. fucking cheap in this game or what? It's Super Mario Cart 150cc levels of cheap. Mechanically it's incredibly rewarding, though.

Nahh I like challenge.

As long as the combat is skill based then I am fine.
Bloodborne was too stats based for my taste.

Sekiro is way less stats-based than all the other From games I'd say. I liked it, but I didn't really love it. I know it's entirely by design, but Sekiro's design is incredibly single tracked. There's one way to play it and one way only. I personally liked the slight cushion the RPG systems of the earlier From games provided.

Hollow Knight is the Bee's Knee's, not to mention an insane value proposition. I loved, loved, loved it.

Crash Team Racing on the Switch. Friggin' excellent port of a great cart racer. A cart racer that will test your patience and persistence like few other games (that I've played), though. God damn it is the A.I. fucking cheap in this game or what? It's Super Mario Cart 150cc levels of cheap. Mechanically it's incredibly rewarding, though.

Except the load times. Why it takes so looooooong

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I abandoned it after around fifteen-to-twenty hours when it launched but I'm replaying it from the start and enjoying it much more this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back