CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

CD Projekt has confirmed the specs of the PC that was running the ingame demo of Cyperpunk 2077
  • CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
  • GPU: Titan RTX
  • HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe (SSD)
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF600 600W
I guess the PS4 and Xbox One versions are going to be the new model of the word downgrading.

Beefy specced PCs usually provide a friendlier environment for unoptimized code. If that was the "recommended specs" for the game then I would be worried.

Beefy specced PCs usually provide a friendlier environment for unoptimized code. If that was the "recommended specs" for the game then I would be worried.
that PC only costs 3851€. But they could've used the RTX 2080Ti -less than half the price of the Titan RTX- which is the same as the Titan RTX, which is only a name and glamour, but the reality is this.

that PC only costs 3851€. But they could've used the RTX 2080Ti -less than half the price of the Titan RTX- which is the same as the Titan RTX, which is only a name and glamour, but the reality is this.

I think they demo'd it using a Titan RTX more because it has 24GB of local memory more than anything else. If you want to show something off that's unfinished, the last thing you want to have it crash because you ran out of memory because of some memory leak that will get patched out before the game ships. Same reason the PC had 32GB or ram.

I sure as hell hope that rig ran the demo at native 4k Ultra settings so that the next gen consoles can have a fighting chance of running it 4k cbr /30fps High Settings.

I think Digital Foundry said it was 4k, the framerate was capped at 30 and it it seamed solid.

So, looks like a few more interesting things.
  • There will be some multiplayer elements in the game. It's still a single player game though, so people aren't quite sure what CDPR means by this. Maybe like Dark Souls?
  • There are 3 studios working on this game. There was originally a mis-translation where the interviewer thought they meant there were 3 studios working on 3 different Cyberpunk games. But CDPR clarified that there are 3 studios working on this one game.
    • That kind of makes sense because CDPR isn't a really huge developer and their scope for Cyberpunk is very ambitious, even more than The Witcher 3 was.
Regards,
SB

I'm hoping the formation of relationships (not so much the romantical or boyfriend/girlfriend aspect) are genuine and well developed as CDPR claimed to be aiming for. I want to create meaningful ties and bonds with even average NPC strangers towards assisting me in the game. I want the real 'street nature' of CP 2077 to mean something more than a typical open-world metropolis game.

So, looks like a few more interesting things.
  • There will be some multiplayer elements in the game. It's still a single player game though, so people aren't quite sure what CDPR means by this. Maybe like Dark Souls?
Last I heard was they're thinking about mp, but unless it fits the overall vision it's not gonna happen.

There was no mention of Multiplayer on the presentation. The presentation gave me strong Watchdogs vibes, but obviously with deeper RPG and storytelling branch elements. The graphics were amazingly clear. They asked for feedback and I asked for VR support :p Got a cool jacket as well!

Last I heard was they're thinking about mp, but unless it fits the overall vision it's not gonna happen.

I imagine this is probably limited to making technology and game-design choices that would accommodate multiplayer in the future, rather than any specific multi-player plans. They announced earlier this year that the game was different from what was previously shown behind closed door at E3 2018, and eventually released as a video. It's now more like Dance Dance Revolution :runaway:

Watching the deep dive on Twitch right now. OMG, this game and its gaming systems looks AMAZING.

This makes the branching choices that you had for some things in The Witcher 3, look like something made by a 2 year old. OMG.

I have a feeling this is the first open world game I actually finish. OMG, I'm way more hyped for the game now. And I was already seriously hyped before.

Regards,
SB

Finished watching it. I'm definitely going to be a netrunner. Being able to go so far as to hack the cyber implants on a person to take control of their hand and make them shoot themselves? Hell yeah. :)

And this being CDPR, I wonder if you'll be able to take control of someone's hand and make them...ahem...well...ah...have a little fun?

Regards,
SB

Not seen the video yet but based on my Witcher 3 experience, this is my most anticipated game for Q1 next year. I do love a good new world that I can immerse myself in and the first person aspect does this even more than the third-person Witcher 3.

Back