PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

is it me or did they add new games? I am currently downloading Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, a game which I wanted to have on GoG but never purchased it 'cos I was waiting for it to drop its price, and I'd swear it wasn't in the list yesterday.

apart from cross-play, some Gamepass games also support cross-save.

Games with Xbox Game Pass on PC and Xbox One featuring Cross Save [Play Anywhere]:
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Astroneer
  • Crackdown 3
  • Disneyland Adventures
  • EVERSPACE
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Full Metal Furies
  • Gears of War 4
  • Guacamelee 2! Complete
  • Halo Wars: DE
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
  • Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
  • Moonlighter
  • Old Mans Journey
  • ReCore Definitive Edition
  • Riptide GP: Renegade
  • Ruiner
  • Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Silence - The Whispered World 2
  • Snake Pass
  • State of Decay 2
  • State of Decay 2 - Heartland
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Supermarket Shriek
  • Tacoma
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Wargroove
  • We Happy Few
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
Games with Xbox and PC Game Pass without Cross Save:
  • ABZU
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Bomber Crew
  • Braid
  • Bridge Constructor Portal
  • Brothers
  • Clustertruck
  • Gears of War Ultimate Edition
  • Halo Spartan Assault
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition
  • Metro Exodus
  • MudRunner
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Neon Chrome
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Oxenfree
  • RiMe
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • SUPERHOT
  • Surviving Mars
  • The Banner Saga
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • The Flame In The Flood
  • The Gardens Between
  • The Surge
  • The Turing Test
  • Vampyr
  • Void Bastards
  • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
  • Wizard of Legend
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Last edited:
This is why Game Pass Ultimate is the best value in gaming. Game Pass for PC is terrible value by itself.

Tommy McClain

If you love Xcom, Mutant Year Zero is a very recommendable game. Some story, and nice advantages.

mutant-year-zero-road-to-eden-cover.jpg

yrmHBsC.gif

Would be nice to have a right-click install option from the main tile view instead of having to go into the game page itself. There are certainly games that I want to install without needing to see their page.

It would be nice to be able to pin games to the start menu.

If I click on a screenshot or trailer, then click outside the box, it doesn't close - currently requires clicking on the X or clicking at the farthest edge of the screen -> not as fast.

Might be curious to allow one to blacklist titles (right-click -> hide) so as to remove it from view along with a bucket page for said titles just in-case (unhide). I'd like to remove clutter when viewing everything every time, and really there's no point in me sifting through the tiles repeatedly for titles I already ignore.

Why are there no sorting options. A-Z, Date Added, etc. They should use a separator line for the games that aren't even out yet but are in the list anyway.

No way to change tile size of the installed games on the left (vs sliding out)?

Could use a direct feedback shortcut button of sorts since it's a beta...

Last edited:
So, quick question. I only need Gamepass for PC.

But, if I load up on Game Pass and/or Gold through Bing Rewards then do the 1 dollar sign up to convert those to Game Pass Ultimate.

Does that convert the subscription plan to Ultimate meaning it'll charge me 14.99 when it ends? Or will it charge me for the Game Pass for PC at 5 (beta price) or 10 USD if that is what I choose when signing up (assuming it lets me choose in this case)?

Regards,
SB

After conversion it will enable recurring subscription @ $15USD/month for GPU (ahem). You'll probably have to let it lapse before setting up the GPPC rate (disable the recurring sub in the microsoft account on the website interface - everytime after any sub redemption/extension!).

-----

Don't forget that the conversion is seemingly only available if you're an Omega insider on an Xbox console. I don't know if they have the promotion otherwise publicly available or even via win10.

Last edited:
After conversion it will enable recurring subscription @ $15USD/month for GPU (ahem). You'll probably have to let it lapse before setting up the GPPC rate (disable the recurring sub in the microsoft account on the website interface - everytime after any sub redemption/extension!).

-----

Don't forget that the conversion is seemingly only available if you're an Omega insider on an Xbox console. I don't know if they have the promotion otherwise publicly available or even via win10.

Gotcha, thanks for the information. I'm also curious whether you get to keep the 5 USD subscription price after the BETA ends. It's a bit unclear on that, but that's the impression that I get. Sign up during BETA, and that's what your subscription will be until you cancel. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

If I can get it as a 5 USD sub, then I just won't ever cancel. I'd only have to play 1 new game a year to pay for that sub in that case.

Regards,
SB

Would be nice to have a right-click install option from the main tile view instead of having to go into the game page itself. There are certainly games that I want to install without needing to see their page.

It would be nice to be able to pin games to the start menu.

If I click on a screenshot or trailer, then click outside the box, it doesn't close - currently requires clicking on the X or clicking at the farthest edge of the screen -> not as fast.

Might be curious to allow one to blacklist titles (right-click -> hide) so as to remove it from view along with a bucket page for said titles just in-case (unhide). I'd like to remove clutter when viewing everything every time, and really there's no point in me sifting through the tiles repeatedly for titles I already ignore.

Why are there no sorting options. A-Z, Date Added, etc. They should use a separator line for the games that aren't even out yet but are in the list anyway.

No way to change tile size of the installed games on the left (vs sliding out)?

Could use a direct feedback shortcut button of sorts since it's a beta...
those are very reasonable and nice suggestions overall. Have you sent feedback? I did several times, it's quite easy.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/11/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-guide-subscription-cost-games-list-beta-app-setup/

here are the games that are confirmed to be joining the Game Pass for PC in the future:
  • Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  • Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
  • Battletoads
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Gears 5
  • Gears Tactics
  • Halo Infinite
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Wasteland 3

for anyone having issues (some games don't want to install, etc) with the beta, check this tips to get access to the Store folder --always thought this was an unicorn, impossible to access.

Alternatively you can reset the entire cache of the Win10 Store with wsreset and secondary mouse button Run as Administrator. Also you can reset the app in Settings-->Apps>choose Xbox(beta)-->Advanced options (choose whatever option best fits you).

Btw, they added Prey to the list of games today..

The FAQ now has post-Ultimate Form conversion ratios. [ https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#faq ]

After you join the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes.

Token, Redemption Value
Gold 1 month, 20 days of Ultimate
Gold 3 months, 50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
Gold 6 months, 79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
Gold 12 months, 4 months of Ultimate
Gold 24 months, 8 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 1 month, 20 days of Ultimate
XB GamePass 3 months, 2 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 6 months, 4 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 12 months, 5 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 24 months, 10 months of Ultimate
PC GamePass 1 month, 20 days of Ultimate

The FAQ now has post-Ultimate Form conversion ratios. [ https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#faq ]

After you join the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes.

Token, Redemption Value
Gold 1 month, 20 days of Ultimate
Gold 3 months, 50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
Gold 6 months, 79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
Gold 12 months, 4 months of Ultimate
Gold 24 months, 8 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 1 month, 20 days of Ultimate
XB GamePass 3 months, 2 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 6 months, 4 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 12 months, 5 months of Ultimate
XB GamePass 24 months, 10 months of Ultimate
PC GamePass 1 month, 20 days of Ultimate

Hmmm, so only Ultimate allows you to play games up to 4 days earlier than release? Bleh.

Either way, I only need PC so I'm not going to get Ultimate just for that. I'm sure eventually, Game Pass for PC will appear in Bing rewards.

Now, if they announce that ALL games on Project Scarlett will support KB/M and ALL games will have an option for at least 60 FPS gameplay...I'll reconsider as I might just ditch PC for anything other than indie games in favor of gaming on console. At that point, Ultimate will be a lot more attractive.

Regards,
SB

Yeesh the more they add to this the better it gets.

The Epic Game store isn't a threat to Steam, but the MS Game Pass for PC most definitely is.

Bunch of games on there that I've been waiting to grab on sale on Steam, but now I can just play on Game Pass for PC whenever I want.

Regards,
SB

Yeesh the more they add to this the better it gets.

The Epic Game store isn't a threat to Steam, but the MS Game Pass for PC most definitely is.

Bunch of games on there that I've been waiting to grab on sale on Steam, but now I can just play on Game Pass for PC whenever I want.

Regards,
SB
it is a very convenient model, I agree. That's why it is a threat to Steam, rather than the typical store. You can also buy the games if you want to keep them forever.

As a Steam, GoG user, the main differences for me, which imho make Game Pass a little more attractive, are:

- I am playing games that I'd never discover nor play because when you buy games you have a limited budget, and only buy "safely". You know Halo is good, so you are going to buy the next Halo game, but maybe you miss Hollow Knight, which is an incredible Metroidvania game....

- It gives equal opportunities to all developers. If you create a game, you know it is most likely to be played, and maybe you had a hidden gem in your hands, but again...people usually buy "safe" and without Game pass your game could go unnoticed.

Last edited:
I really enjoy Surviving Mars from Games Pass Ultimate and I would likely never bought it ...

I wish they add more games already available on XBOX Pass as there are titles like F1 2018 I rather play on my PC than in a living room.
But having different games on two systems for the one price of GamePassUltimate is ... beneficial :)

I added Thimbleweed Park to the list of games with Cross-save support. We could transform this thread into an official Gamepass thread of sorts.

CD Projekt and MS may partner for GoG 2.0 and Game Pass would be included. That would be so good, GoG is my favourite store.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-and-cd-projekt-may-partner-gog-galaxy-20

gog%20galaxy%202.jpg

GOG is a platform similar to Steam where you can purchase games for PC. However, unlike Steam, it doesn't feature any form of digital rights management (DRM) and you can play games completely offline for as long as you want.

Just like Steam, GOG has a dedicated program that can be downloaded on your PC called "GOG Galaxy." While it's a satisfactory experience, developer CD Projekt wants to make it even better with GOG Galaxy 2.0 in the coming months. GOG Galaxy 2.0 aims to bring friends together and be a central portal for different services.

According to the company, even Microsoft is on board. An article in GameStar quoted CD Projekt head Piotr Karwoski as saying the following.

We showed Phil Spencer our application and he was immediately enthusiastic because this merge of platforms is exactly what Microsoft also wants to promote.

It seems like services like Xbox Game Pass for PC may be accessible through GOG Galaxy 2.0 down the line. However, only time will tell. It also leaves the possibility of cross-platform chat on the table.

The PC gaming ecosystem seems quite fragmented at the moment because GOG, the Microsoft Store, Steam, and the Epic Games Store have their own "hub" software. Hopefully the major players will come together in a meaningful way for a consumer-centric approach.

I added Thimbleweed Park to the list of games with Cross-save support. We could transform this thread into an official Gamepass thread of sorts.

CD Projekt and MS may partner for GoG 2.0 and Game Pass would be included. That would be so good, GoG is my favourite store.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-and-cd-projekt-may-partner-gog-galaxy-20

gog%20galaxy%202.jpg

GOG is a platform similar to Steam where you can purchase games for PC. However, unlike Steam, it doesn't feature any form of digital rights management (DRM) and you can play games completely offline for as long as you want.

Just like Steam, GOG has a dedicated program that can be downloaded on your PC called "GOG Galaxy." While it's a satisfactory experience, developer CD Projekt wants to make it even better with GOG Galaxy 2.0 in the coming months. GOG Galaxy 2.0 aims to bring friends together and be a central portal for different services.

According to the company, even Microsoft is on board. An article in GameStar quoted CD Projekt head Piotr Karwoski as saying the following.

We showed Phil Spencer our application and he was immediately enthusiastic because this merge of platforms is exactly what Microsoft also wants to promote.

It seems like services like Xbox Game Pass for PC may be accessible through GOG Galaxy 2.0 down the line. However, only time will tell. It also leaves the possibility of cross-platform chat on the table.

The PC gaming ecosystem seems quite fragmented at the moment because GOG, the Microsoft Store, Steam, and the Epic Games Store have their own "hub" software. Hopefully the major players will come together in a meaningful way for a consumer-centric approach.

This makes sense for both of them. Steam is doing too well for them to seriously consider sharing revenue with MS. However, CDP (the parent company of GoG and CDPR) have been having some financial issues with GoG which led them to lay off some staff earlier in the year. So a partnership with MS may be beneficial to them even if they have to share revenue.

Regards,
SB

Back