AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does when a person is trying to extrapolate Navi performance with a performance/area metric.

yes, but 486mm2 die size is not a extrapolate size of Vega56. It´s actually originaly announced die size of Vega64. At least they fixit to more resonable number with Navi presentation....

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11717/the-amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-and-56-review/2

AMD-Vega-10_GPU-SOC_Main.jpg

Frankly, GCN has been relatively fine with ~2.5k shader SKUs' effectiveness. The 4k (or more?) shader SKUs will be more interesting.

GFX 10.11/12 have so many low precision dot instructions, much more than Vega 20 I wonder what they use it for?
Also I don't know if there is something new but the LLVM usage instruction for GFX10 got a big update, especially the sections for GFX10.
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/docs/AMDGPUUsage.rst
It looks like LLVM is allowing to generate code to resemble a Vega like wave execution in GFX10.

Actually I can confirm that this and the other slides posted by Komachi Ensaka are real and straight from AMD. They're from Travis Kirschs and Don Woligroskis Ryzen 3000 Series Deep Dive -presentation

This is legit too, from Laura Smiths and Mithun Chandrasekhars Radeon 5700 Breakout -presentation

edit: and the one posted by @DavidGraham is legit too, it's from the Ryzen 3000 Series Deep Dive -presentation too
edit2: read too quickly @Ike Turner you knew your slide was legit but were wondering about DavidGrahams, oh well, no harm double confirming

Where I the video/slides of that break-out session...?

The rest of the titles don't have a stellar fps uplift over the 1070 either, except Warhammer 2 maybe.

Looks like it, most of these titles are CPU limited, a usual weak point in AMD's driver.

Once more IT IS NOT a fabrication. No amount of creativity could conjure 3 slides like this (including the box art). You will see once the launch happens.

30% over 1070 is good enough to be clear of 1080 and Vega64 and in reviews with better CPUs should look better still.

KOMACHI leaked some Navi codes,

Navi 10 is 5700, and there's 14, 12 and 20. More importantly, there's gfx10xx differences, and there are commits for them,

wccftech had got the CUs correct for the 5700 series back in November, though according to them it's Navi 12 and not 10.

Now I do know that the Navi 12 GPU will have 40 CUs, what I do not know is if they are going to have the same number of stream processors as GCN does – in which case the core count is going to be 2560 sps. That does seem likely to be the case because from what I have heard the card slots in somewhere around the Vega 56 depending on the clock rate but much cheaper!

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-first-amd-navi-gpu-will-have-40-cus-and-is-codenamed-navi-12/

If Navi's original target was Vega56, then AMD have improved upon it significantly.
They also mention bigger Navi(20?), will be in late 2020.

What I find odd, is AMD's misdirection.
It is, as if they are underselling Navi, not piss off the Vega56, Vega64 & Radeon VII owners. It seems RTX2070 doesn't have the steam to keep up. But what AMD is not saying is pretty telling, where are the Navi products @ $199 ~ $299 segment...?

Navi 40 = $450
Navi 36 = $380
Navi 32 = $289
Navi 28 = $199 …?

Last edited:
NO, as several people, including Ian Cutress said so. Some have suggested it is within 15% of the Radeon VII and RTX2080 in certain applications.

I mean the 40 CU Vega being the typo, with the 64 CU being the correct figure.
Nope, different tests just have different configurations

I don't know the source, but this is the full slide deck. A friend of mine has been collecting them, there are 7 of them total released in the past few days for Ryzen and Radeon.
Unless that's missing slides it's none of the ones provided to us by AMD, too drunk and tired and late from bed to double check if it's select slides from one of the presentations

So that confirms consoles going with the 'Select lighting effects for real time gaming'?
Just like current DXR-hardware is capable of, you can't doo full scene RTRT on them with decent performance unless we go back to the late 90s on the complexity

A friend of mine has been collecting them, there are 7 of them total released in the past few days for Ryzen and Radeon.
There are at least 11 decks related to Zen 2 and Navi released 10th June:
3rd_Gen_Ryzen_06102019.pdf
Adrenalin_Edition_2019_06102019.pdf
Game_Developers_06102019.pdf
CPU_Architecture_06102019.pdf
Ryzen_Deep_Dive_06102019.pdf
Radeon_5700_06102019.pdf
Radeon_5000_06102019.pdf
Physical_Design_06102019.pdf
Graphics_Architecture_06102019.pdf
Radeon_Architecture_06102019.pdf
Architecture_06102019.pdf

Seems like people in AMD really enjoy playing with the numbers. Die size of Vega 495 mm2/486 mm2 ( until Navi annnouncement 486 mm2 was official Vega 64 die size ), some test done with Vega 64 fully enabled and some with only 40CU. looking forward what else we will find and what new informations about Navi will emmerge.

What kind of test was this RX-365 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back