Final Fantasy VII Remake

Great trailer and gameplay. One of the few games that got me excited. Sooooo glad they changed the combat system...it looks really awesome to me.

Can’t wait!

I wonder whether they'll find a way to implement some of the more gamey stuff. You know, the kinda stuff that would probably seem way more silly now than it used to in the past when things looked a lot more abstract, Like snowboarding, or the Golden Saucer in general, or the ability to spend insane amounts of time to breed a golden Chocobo and get the Knights of the Round summon. Heck, how will planet-destroying summons fit into this vision of FFVII in general? (Didn't Bahamuth destroy an entire solar system?)

I wonder whether they'll find a way to implement some of the more gamey stuff. You know, the kinda stuff that would probably seem way more silly now than it used to in the past when things looked a lot more abstract, Like snowboarding, or the Golden Saucer in general, or the ability to spend insane amounts of time to breed a golden Chocobo and get the Knights of the Round summon. Heck, how will planet-destroying summons fit into this vision of FFVII in general? (Didn't Bahamuth destroy an entire solar system?)
That was Bahamuth Zero I believe.
I suppose they'll follow the movie on that and you can still summon creatures that will do a single attack, but not at planetary or solar system scale ^^

That was Bahamuth Zero I believe.
I suppose they'll follow the movie on that and you can still summon creatures that will do a single attack, but not at planetary or solar system scale ^^

On the matter of summons, I hope they are as impressive as in FFXV. My jaw dropped the first time I summoned Ramuh!

I would wait for PS5 enhanced version :)
No thanks, I want to experience it immediately. According to E3 reports, game runs fine now.

And nothing guarantees that Square will do a PS5 enhanced edition immediately at PS5 launch. They could wait for sometimes in 2021 [until then, we will have only straight BC version, maybe with boost mode if some framerate issues have to be ironed out].

The game looks very impressive for a PS4 game. I really cant think of any other game at this point with such image quality and CGísh looks on the PS4, upcoming or released. I cant believe this is going to look that good on my PS4 until I actually get my hands on it

The game looks very impressive for a PS4 game. I really cant think of any other game at this point with such image quality and CGísh looks on the PS4, upcoming or released. I cant believe this is going to look that good on my PS4 until I actually get my hands on it

I’m not seeing anything that we haven’t seen on PS4. The characters are very high quality but I think the footage we’ve seen from closeups were all from (real-time?) cutscenes anyway.

Battle footage looks great but nothing we haven’t seen in FFXV for example, and if anything it’s on a much smaller scale than that so far.

I’m not seeing anything that we haven’t seen on PS4. The characters are very high quality but I think the footage we’ve seen from closeups were all from (real-time?) cutscenes anyway.

Battle footage looks great but nothing we haven’t seen in FFXV for example, and if anything it’s on a much smaller scale than that so far.
I really dont feel the same way. My exprience with FF15 has been underwhelming.

They explicitly said they filled two bluray discs.
How? I can only suspect a huge amount of HQ video and sound files filling up so much space.
Maybe the cut scenes are not real time afterall and the game switches perfectly between FMV and real time?

How... 90’s of them, if they did that. :|
Really, what kind of other content can fill two Blu Ray disks?
I really cant recall any game requiring more than one. And this is just the first episode.

BTW: I downloaded the HQ video from Gamersyde and the IQ is apparently much worse. A softer look and good AA would have done wonders for this game's visuals.

How? I can only suspect a huge amount of HQ video and sound files filling up so much space.
Maybe the cut scenes are not real time afterall and the game switches perfectly between FMV and real time?

Read Dead 2 shipped on two blurays. The current version of FFXV is 120GBs.

Read Dead 2 shipped on two blurays. The current version of FFXV is 120GBs.
I had no idea. Still isnt FF15, a full game that includes CG cut scenes in one BR?
RDR2 seems o use one disk for installation and one for booting. But for FF7 it is just the first episode with Midgar so it makes someone wonder how much content have they managed to create for just Midgar?

Back