The Annual E3 Nintendo press conference thread, 2019 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the Nintendo press conference at this year's E3. Oh wait, they still wont have a press conference or even a direct presentation.

Tuesday, June 11
  • Nintendo -- 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST (2 AM AET on June 12)

Nintendo's E3 Page - https://e3.nintendo.com/

OK, that was a LOT of games.

And a lot of them from 3rd parties.

Too much to talk about. But wow am I really REALLY glad I have a Switch. :)

Oh...And...

New Zelda game in development!!!

Also...

Nintendo is going HARD for this Holiday season. SOOOOOO many titles launching Sept. through end of Year.

Regards,
SB

And from a technical standpoint - Witcher III complete?
What witchcraft is this? Didn’t Richard from Digital Foundry proclaim this as pretty much impossible after trying to make it run on his super weak PC system?

Q4PO38G.gif

OK, that was a LOT of games.

And a lot of them from 3rd parties.

Too much to talk about. But wow am I really REALLY glad I have a Switch. :)

Oh...And...

New Zelda game in development!!!

Also...

Nintendo is going HARD for this Holiday season. SOOOOOO many titles launching Sept. through end of Year.

Regards,
SB
Pleasantly surprising show, probably showed the most games I'm interested in actually buying tbh....

They showed off a barrage of games from different genres, and a couple of popular surprises. Minimal corporate backslapping.
Very to the point.

Only one or two games for me personally though, although I’m sure the daughters will demand ”JustDance - Even more moves created to humiliate a father”.

What witchcraft is this? Didn’t Richard from Digital Foundry proclaim this as pretty much impossible after trying to make it run on his super weak PC system?
that video was rushed. There were many other options they could tweak.

That is not what I took away from their video. Even with very low settings, they weren't able to get a framerate that was considered acceptable, but they also mentioned this is without any low level optimizations. They proceeded to talk about the Witcher 2 port to 360 and PS3 as an example of how CD Projekt was able to get squeeze that game onto hardware far less capable than the original target spec on PC. The visual cutbacks are obvious, but I believe they can fully recreate the experience on Switch, albeit with graphics that look like a PS3/360 game.

Nintendo had a terrific E3, even if it wasn't loaded with megaton surprises. Zelda BoTW sequel was big, and I think that is coming a lot soon than most people think. But the amount of games coming out in the coming months, especially exclusive content is pretty impressive. With the popularity of the Marvel movies, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is bound to be very successful. Astral Chain and Dameon X Machina might be rather niche, but these types of games always help to flesh out a platforms lineup, and broaden appeal. Switch as a platform is pretty unique. In the past, getting a bunch of ports of old games didn't seem to add much value to platform, but that doesn't seem to be true on Switch. Getting games like Resident Evil 5 and 6 later this year is meaningful, and I suppose it has to do with a great number of people want to be able to play these games portable. Mainline Pokemon games are always huge, between those and Luigi's Mansion 3, the Christmas holiday season should go gangbusters. So much content.

I wrote down the name of 5 games : Luigi's Mansion 3, The legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening, Ni no kuni, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and of course the next legend of Zelda.
Pretty good for a single E3...

Back