Sony, No 2019 E3 Showing

MS couldn't do any better at this point in time, they can't show any scarlett game yet or specs, any AAA current gen games are already known, any crossgen need to be unveiled at the same time to get the best unveiling of the next gen games. Specs can't be unveiled without showing the whole package and how games will look. Sony knew it. That's why they gave the less critical info in an interview which caused MS to simply have a me-too unveiling at E3.
There’s nothing stopping MS from showcasing their titles off PC. Halo and Gears are launching on PC. They could be running it on RTX and that wouldn’t be a false sell since that’s what players could expect on PC. They aren’t bound by the same rules.

It's not anonymous, it's a pattern. Over the last 2-3 years Sony have been winding back their participation in non-trade public-facing events. It used to do there would be a big event along with a conference at GamesCom (Europe) and TGS (Asia) but that's also a thing of the past. Now Sony are out of E3.

You are setting yourself up for disappointment. Now it could be Sony change tact in future, but this is not something that just happened last/this year, this is something Sony have been building towards for a few years. Look wider than just what is going on in North America.
. Fair enough, good points; that may just come down to market dominance but we will need to wait 12 months to see what happens 2020

Regarding 1.0 & 1.1 - that's what you can do with PS4 (and could do with PS3), I don't think it's all mobile devices but I'm fairly certain the options have expanded. It's called Remote Play.
The major difference is MS's solution is completely platform agnostic, whereas Remote Play shuns all Android devices if Sony's Xperia as Sony foolish try to use it as a USP to push hardware. RP is at least now available on iOS as of March this year; for a long time it wasn't.

The major difference is MS's solution is completely platform agnostic, whereas Remote Play shuns all Android devices if Sony's Xperia as Sony foolish try to use it as a USP to push hardware. RP is at least now available on iOS as of March this year; for a long time it wasn't.

On Giant Bomb's show tonight Phil says they are focusing on Android for their streaming efforts right now. I wouldn't count the "universal" chickens before they hatch. Xbox "Console Streaming" is still months away so Sony commands a device advantage at least until then, and they could easily get an Android app approved by then.

The biggest barrier to wider availability is actually Google and Apple, who have been hostile to these kinds of things in the past and have only recently relented. Putting Remote Play on Xperia phones is easy because they don't have to use the Google Play store for that.

Explain to me how MS was suppose to knock it out the park?

Ultimately, I think most people are disappointed with MS because they chose to reveal info regarding the next console but wouldn’t delve into specs, which is understandable.

But while doing so made for a so called lackluster conference, any momentum built from a full reveal or major revelations would of been sabotaged the moment Sony started to reveal its own major details. It has already happened. All the rumors about AMD using 2/3 rds of its engineering staff on Navi built for Sony literally died on Sunday. Analogy wise, a Sony’s SSD solution that allowed for seamless loading went from being an exclusive first party TLOU2 to a third party multiplat once MS revealed a similar solution.

It would of been far easier for Sony to control the narrative going forward if MS would of spilled the beans on Scarlet. The most important e3 is in 2020 not 2019.

LOL

I get it. Sony is like the girl in a long sleeve sweater with a full length dress who will only show you her ankles. While MS teased you with a reveal but only showed you a little leg and some butt crack while the whole time you wanted some nipple and bush action.

MS could of went buck naked for almost everyone’s enjoyment but the moment that timid and shy Sony starts to unfasten her buttons...
Sometimes you find people who want to kiss you or approach a little more than you want but while they almost did, luckily you dodged with awesome cunning and evasiveness.

Phil wanted that girl.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-suffers-without-sony-xboxs-phil-spencer-says/1100-6467765/

Not really surprising. The people who directly profit from E3 are the organisers and the media from covering content where people click on articles to read it. For exhibitors it is insanely expensive marketing requiring weeks and weeks of planning, not to mention the disruption of moving key management and developers to L.A. to be paraded on stage like lions in a zoo.

I can't imagine anything more frustrating if you are a senior dev, project manger or producer than trying to finish a project, than having to fly to L.A. to spend 14 hours a day for most of a week giving the same talk to endless media. :???:

Not really surprising. The people who directly profit from E3 are the organisers and the media from covering content where people click on articles to read it. For exhibitors it is insanely expensive marketing requiring weeks and weeks of planning, not to mention the disruption of moving key management and developers to L.A. to be paraded on stage like lions in a zoo.

I can't imagine anything more frustrating if you are a senior dev, project manger or producer than trying to finish a project, than having to fly to L.A. to spend 14 hours a day for most of a week giving the same talk to endless media. :???:

Because of the passion for these type of products, It’s probably difficult for consumers in this industry to get over the fact that trade events all across the board are simply dying.

My industry is completely different but it’s the same everywhere. There have always been a couple of massive trade shows, which still happen, but everyone agrees that they are not a necessity - just an opportunity to meet people, sometimes. We stopped going years ago in any form of official capacity as it was an unnecessary cost.

It’s really the same everywhere. Good for networking, and so we send people there for meetings and whatnot, but we haven’t spent actual money on them for years. And we are the market leaders by a huge margin.

It’s really the same everywhere. Good for networking, and so we send people there for meetings and whatnot, but we haven’t spent actual money on them for years. And we are the market leaders by a huge margin.

Except for the market leader bit, same experience for my company. Tradeshows are dying, if you look at some of the big ones over the years, less people, smaller venues etc etc

If you want the media to have access to the senior staff the only other option is really to fly them in to your studio. It might be more effective to send some people to E3.

If you want the media to have access to the senior staff the only other option is really to fly them in to your studio. It might be more effective to send some people to E3.

Or, and this might be a crazy idea here, record a developer walkthrough from your studio, with ample time to re-record and edit the footage into a polished stage, and upload it to youtbe.

I'm not convinced the media coverage is any better from talking to the dev or producer than from engaging with the marketing team; the same folks who engage with the media the other 51 weeks of the year.

Or, and this might be a crazy idea here, record a developer walkthrough from your studio, with ample time to re-record and edit the footage into a polished stage, and upload it to youtbe.

Then the media probably won't cover it. And it does not give the media access to your senior developers.

I'm not convinced the media coverage is any better from talking to the dev or producer than from engaging with the marketing team; the same folks who engage with the media the other 51 weeks of the year.

I have great interest in having a media conversation with the developers. I am probably not alone.

Then the media probably won't cover it. And it does not give the media access to your senior developers.

Oh, I dobut the click baity media of current days would not make a stupid fucking article with a bunch of fluff words with basically no content whatsoevet just to introduce the video.
And if they didn't, so what? What difference does it make if your audience saw your video through IGN or directly through youtube? Less reach? Spend the money saved not getting an expensive booth at e3 and flying and acommodating your team there on promoting your content on social media and streaming sites.
There are dozens of more effective alternatives for promotion nowadays, many already tried and tested by the way.

Back