Panzer Dragoon

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend

For comparison

I have to say that the dragon's physics and animation pales in comparison to the Sega Saturn version and I am serious.
The fluidity of the dragon's movements on the Saturn especially in Zwei are amazing to this day

Is this a remaster? the wings doesn't move as jerky on the Saturn as on the Switch, indeed. The rest is far superior though,

looks great but a bit to expensive for my taste at the moment. I will purchase it on a sale however. I think panzer dragoon saga is the most expensive game i own. Its also one of my favorites.

Bought it a few months ago and finished it. I must say my experience was very underwhelming although the graphics are nice and the gameplay is faithful to the original.
Maybe old games experiences dont traslate well to modern times. But some aspects of the game didnt feel like they worked properly eithe. Maybe its either it is archaic gameplay or there was something genuinely wrong with playing such a game in 60fps mode. Cant really say.
Some areas it was super difficult for me to avoid being hit by projectiles and I couldnt figure out how to. It could be a matter of skill though.

Regardless the the game was short and it's flow felt rushed. It is how the original was also designed of course. It needed something more punchy in the presentation. I got it super cheap from PS Store. Maybe like $2 or $3.
Certainly playing this at full price would have been a waste for me. The experience wasnt worth that amount of money. Even though the devs did a pretty good job with it. It is not their fault. Below its upgraded visuals it is still an on rails very short game with not much meat in it. Which of course felt like a much richer experience in its time.

Of course Panzer Dragoon Zwei was a much better game and there is a chance that would have been translated as a much better experience. Who knows?

Btw can we change the title to include all the platforms its been released on? It should have PC, PS and XBOX too

Back