CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Honestly that Heretic dude looks pretty on par if not slightly better and it's realtime 1440p at 30fps running on a Navi. But yes to have it in a real game I guess there's gonna be some wait.

Not that this is putting me off of the game, but I still don't get this weird obsession with putting actor people in games. I think one of the coolest aspects of games is that you can make up everything from scratch. When I see Keanu in my game, my mind immediately goes to Ted Logan or John Wick. When I see Mads Mikkelsen, I think of the third best Hannibal Lecter (and then I turn on subtitles because he's bloody hard to understand at the best of times).

I think it's an okay thing to do with certain games (The Avengers actually needed it), but most of the time it strikes me as rather pointless.

Last edited:
Not that this is putting me off of the game, but I still don't get this weird obsession with putting actor people in games. I think one of the coolest aspects of games is that you can make up everything from scratch. When I see Keanu in my game, my mind immediately goes to Ted Logan or John Wick. When I see Mads Mikkelsen, I think of the third best Hannibal Lecter (and then I turn on subtitles because he's bloody hard to understand at the best of times).

I think it's an okay thing to do with certain games (The Avengers actually needed it), but most of the time it strikes me as rather pointless.

Keanu is in it because he's intimately associated with Cyberpunk and has a big fan following within that genre.

Think Johnny Mnemonic and The Matrix. There was something else that I can't remember as well.

I can't remember who it was but it was on one of the hosts on the Dropped Frames stream covering the MS conference that mentioned an interesting naming coincidence as well.

Johnny Silverhand (a established Cyberpunk 2077 Pen and Paper RPG character) is who he plays.

He played Johnny Mnemonic in the movie based on a William Gibson short.

And he plays John Wick in the eponymous movie.

An interesting coincidence. :)

I still have no idea how this didn't leak. The Witcher 3 on Nintendo Switch leaks, but NOTHING about Keanu in Cyberpunk 2077 leaked? Damn. :)

Regards,
SB

I don't see how seeing actors in games is any different than seeing them in movies.
I don't go "That's Tom Cruise playing a movie role".

Last edited:
RTX support for PC:
cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-exclusive-4k-in-game-screenshot-001.png

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-exclusive-4k-in-game-screenshot-002.png

Same scenes with SSR would look nearly 100% identical... Apparently in the futur pudles of piss don't reflect colors either.

Edit: As a matter of fact there isn't the slightest hint of Ray Tracing in those "screenshots". The billboard reflections in the second actually don't physically make any sens in terms of angle (the tiny reflection in the piss/water is actually correct but not the colored ones).

Last edited:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...g-releasing-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/#7d4ef9fd3394

When I saw the demo I was assuming that the game was running on a high-powered gaming PC, like a lot of E3 demos of cross-platform titles: the console versions, I assumed, wouldn't be able to quite match this level of fidelity. Wrong again--the demo was running on a PS4 Pro, which isn't even the most powerful console on the market.

WTH?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Nope. Forbes contributor must of been high as a kite when he wrote that.

Last edited:
I don't see how seeing actors in games is any different than seeing them in movies.
I don't go "That's Tom Cruise playing a movie role".

You don't? Not even with someone as one-note as Tom Cruise? I like the guy mind you. That said, I see him more as an expensive brand item (that runs really fast) you drop into your movies than as an actor.
Heck, the biggest reason why I have such a low opinion of German movies is that you see the same 5 faces in just about everything. Games don't need to have that problem.

Another thought: what the hell happens if a couple of months from now, actor man is being accused of being a sex pest? Or maybe he used the N word in a tweet. Or maybe he didn't quite wanna murder Donald Trump or at the very least move to Canada because of him;) God knows it happened before.

All things virtual actors do not have to worry about so much. Worst thing that can happen is you have to replace a voice actor.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...g-releasing-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/#7d4ef9fd3394

WTH?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The official account already tweeted 2 days ago that it was running on PC with Nvidia RTX GPU.... Add to the fact that MS has marketing rights for the consoles versions...that imaginary PS4 Pro dipped in secret sauce must have been a dream... Did he even actually see the demo? Who really knows... .

WTH?

KEanu Reeves explains why he became part of Cyberpunk 2077.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...eves-talks-about-whats-cool-in-cyberpunk-2077

The official account already tweeted 2 days ago that it was running on PC with Nvidia RTX GPU.... Add to the fact that MS has marketing rights for the consoles versions...that imaginary PS4 Pro dipped in secret sauce must have been a dream... Did he even actually see the demo? Who really knows... .
There was probably a PS4 Pro in the same building..

Back