XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

If I put in my Original Xbox discs of Far Cry Instincts and/or Far Cry instincts Evolution, will I be upgraded to the 360 BC download for Far Cry Predator?
Seems only fair.

Most likely not because of Legal License Issues where Fair does not exist.
But... it is a mystery until someone tries it.

Love the new games added(especially Splinter Cell), but it's kinda sad no more backward compatible games after this. Wonder how they handle Games with Gold after this? You still get 360 games but they're only playable on the 360 or they're repeat of ones they have already released? They should have done this next year after announcing retail plans for Scarlett. <shrug>

Tommy McClain

Wonder how they handle Games with Gold after this? You still get 360 games but they're only playable on the 360 or they're repeat of ones they have already released?
No way they include games that can only be played on x360.
Have to work on X1 also.

No way they include games that can only be played on x360.
Have to work on X1 also.

I would hope not. At this point I don't know what to expect. Haven't found any official response on how they will handle it. :/

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Love the new games added(especially Splinter Cell), but it's kinda sad no more backward compatible games after this. Wonder how they handle Games with Gold after this? You still get 360 games but they're only playable on the 360 or they're repeat of ones they have already released? They should have done this next year after announcing retail plans for Scarlett. <shrug>

Tommy McClain

Their wording seems to imply that they'll continue to add X360 and Xbox titles to Project Scarlett BC. Just that XBO and XBO-X will no longer receive new BC updates.

After this week, we have no plans to add additional Original Xbox or Xbox 360 titles to the catalog on Xbox One, but we’re excited to continue our work on Xbox compatibility across platforms and devices, which remains a top priority.

Regards,
SB

Maybe they could include xCloud OG/X360 games when they run out of ones to include on native platform for Games with Gold? They wouldn't need to get an XOne BC version running, just the new Scarlett version that could run on early DevKits in xCloud beta if they had to before Holiday 2020.

Probably too far reach.

I'm sure there's still some that's never been on gold that is BC.
Also wouldn't be end of world to mix in some previous ones, be nice for people that missed when they first appeared on there.
Wouldn't be first time games been on there before either I believe.

Was gonna run out one way or another, so be interesting if they don't just recycle.

A bit sad to see BC put on hold, but I can't complain too much as I rarely get chance to play them (steam backlog...) Am really pleased to see the Rare games getting the enhancements though. Love Kameo, N&B and the Viva Pinatas :) Would have like to see a new VP announced , but this is a consolation prize :)

September marks the second month in a row with Original Xbox game as one of the titles. I hope there is another wave of new Original Xbox games making the BC list, even if they may be next-gen only for Series X / Lockhart.

108496[1].jpg

Is anybody interested in some data from my Games with Gold spreadsheet? Almost done updating it with September's games.

Tommy McClain

I'm not that great at spreadsheets but this is from Google Sheets. Sorry I had to zoom out, but I exported it from my Chromebook

XboxGameswithGold082720.png

This includes 327 games from over the past 7 years. If there are any requests for different data let me know.

Tommy McClain

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/15/70-new-backward-compatible-games/
Today, we’re excited to add 70+ Xbox 360 and original Xbox games to our backward compatibility catalog in celebration of our 20th anniversary. This includes many of your top requested favorites including:

• The entire Max Payne series and the F.E.A.R. franchise are now playable on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles for the very first time.
https://majornelson.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2021/11/back-compat.png
Max Payne, the dearest of my friends, is now BC. And Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast.

Damn it!

Does anyone know of any HDMI to RGB Scart converters so I can use a XSS on a PAL CRT TV?

Something like:

Amazon.com: LiNKFOR 1080P HDMI to Component Converter Scaler HDMI to YPbPr Converter Convert HDMI to Component HDMI to Video Converter HDMI to 5RCA RGB Converter for HDTV Box PC PS3 Fire Stick Roku Blu-Ray DVD : Electronics

or

HDMI to RCA Converter, HDMI to AV 3RCA CVBs Composite Video Audio Converter Adapter Supports PAL/NTSC for TV Stick, Roku, Apple TV, PC, Laptop, Xbox, HDTV

The first is for component video and the second is for composite. The first one doesn't explicitly state support for PAL systems but since it supports 50 Hz output, it should work just fine on PAL displays.

There's a ton of available options if you just search "HDMI to component" (better) or "HDMI to composite" (not as good) depending on whether your CRT supports component video or not.

Regards,
SB

Back