AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GFXbench and CompuBench are mixing up results sometimes. At least I'm very confident about the ID:

os8fjiS.png

Thanks for posting. Interesting information. Nvidias GTX 1080 FE with it's 9.1 TFLOPs (usual boost is 1866 MHz so actually ~9.6 TFLOPs) beats Vega 64 in games. That would mean AMDs TFLOPs in games are better than Nvidias now, which would be nice for a change.

EDIT: I remember that there was a leak from gfxbench (or something) that suggested turned down compute capabilities but much increased game performance for Navi. Does someone remember it? I can't find the bench result but I believe it was with 20 or 24 CUs while performaning around RX 580 levels.
Note that Turing is better than Pascal in that regard. Navi looks to be at parity with Turing, above Pascal.

"Game clock" seems like a new thing. Boost clock is higher.

I wonder if boost clock is for compute only?...

Alright, got some info about Navi, don't ask about the source, but it's reliable as hell, and I trust it implicitly.

The highest SKU launching will be named RX 5700 XT, 40CU, 9.5TFLOPS, 1900MHz max clocks, with 1750MHz being the typical gaming clock. Power delivery is through 2X 6pin connectors.
Clocks are slightly wrong though

Of course it is based on an average, so that with 1750 Mhz it will still be on average 11% short in performance of a Vega 64.
11% lower FP32 throughput. Gaming performance should be equal or higher.

The screenshot that matters:

of4tPZ5.jpg

Also seems like a confirmation that the reference cooler is a blower.
Shouldn't be too bad if power consumption under load is 180W.

Let's hope they'll have 3rd parties with open air coolers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So that's the 5700 XT, there's going to be a 5800 XT and a 5900 XT, right?

So that's the 5700 XT, there's going to be a 5800 XT and a 5900 XT, right?
Rumors say there'll be a 5700 Pro. I'm guessing AMD is going back to the R600 era with that naming scheme.

Not sure why though. I just wish they'd settle for one naming scheme and follow through with it.

I have no idea what else to expect from here onwards. They make no sense.

But, will it run Crys... I mean Quake II RTX ?
I doubt, but it still might.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/a...bout-their-raytracing-strategy-during-e3.html

Ruth Cotter said:
I'm not going to steal Lisa's thunder, but we'll share that with you. PCIe 4, GDDR6, other architectural features that we want to bring to that architecture that wants to be sustainable across multiple generations and we'll be good. And then in time obviously, we need to start talking about what our ray tracing strategy is moving forward and some other elements. So we look forward to E3 and we hope everybody wants to tune in on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back