Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be quite a monster indeed. What we know for sure is that Scarlett is the actual name. They found out a secret code in the Xbox E3 2019 ads.
v3EfQ6Z.png

D8kzDscWkAAR3bk.png

D8kzDsbW4AAL_3W.png

D8kzDsdWsAAsY8D.png

As usual, regardless of validity of leak interesting things to ponder.
Example:
12 core Zen 2.
What are the benefits of 12 core 12 threads?
There is a real cost to SMT, frequency and thermals.
Going without SMT could net higher performance and possibly be better than a slower 8c16t chip for games, or much better than 8c8t. Obviously would make apu bigger in size.

Cloud Scarlett could use 2 full chiplets for 16c16t, and run 2 Lockhart games on single apu when streaming to non 4k devices. Possibly wouldn't need same OS allocations etc.

This is where I have problems squaring it with apu size and if there's that many faulty chiplets to make this reasonable:
10c Lockhart ?
12c Anaconda

12 core sounds monstrously crazy if you assume it's 24 threads.

Intel collaboration:
Intel goes to MS saying want these features in DXR tier 3.
MS ohh would you mind us implementing that in our consoles, we'll get an added DXR improvement, you get developers optimizing for tier 3 which wouldn't happen otherwise and your gpu gets a boost.
Everyone wins :runaway:

The only thing I know if Anaconda is 11,1 Tflops, it will be a monster...
11.1 Navi Tflops is 13.87 Vega Tflops, a true monster indeed but not very likely at this stage if that 5700 XT's specs is to be believed. Hope the conference would end this misery.

11.1 Navi Tflops is 13.87 Vega Tflops, a true monster indeed but not very likely at this stage if that 5700 XT's specs is to be believed. Hope the conference would end this misery.

I think if they reach this number Scarlett will use chiplet because it is a great choice for a console with multiple configurations...

EDIT: And I was not impressed with the 11.1 Tflops number a few hours ago. This is better to wais credible source about a GPU to judge it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back