Ethics of ruining reveals, Leak-gates *run-off*

Yet, the gaming community creates hundreds of threads, along with thousands of replies, asking just for exactly that. Crying or bitching over this, is no different than any other product leak (e.g., Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, etc.) that happens. How many of us hasn't peeked at a leaked product (or products)? The peekers are just as guilty as the leakers. Just saying...

I personally think bitching and complaining about someone making a commentary on someone leaking so close to show is a lot more winey :runaway:
Bit like not putting things in spoiler tags when they should be

I personally think bitching and complaining about someone making a commentary on someone leaking so close to show is a lot more winey :runaway:
Bit like not putting things in spoiler tags when they should be

Or someone creating a winey post about someone complaining about someone making a commentary... :runaway::mrgreen:

If movies are going to be used as an example then I would put it into simular context.
E3 is like comicon Hall H.
Films are revealed
Never before seen trailers
Buzz
Hype

The nice thing about E3 is we get to watch it without being there.
Sure if you know about it beforehand the film/games will do fine but is that really the point?
Everyone (well most) say oh MS shows leak it's a shame, because no surprises.
We're like kids, want to see the presents before Christmas, but if it's kept from them the surprise is all the more nicer.

It's hard not to even click on spoiler tags or go looking for info this year in particular :LOL:

Personally, leaks of E3 conferences don't bother me because they are a means to an end; for me to discover what games are coming in the near future. None of the leaks have diminished my interest in E3 because I want to actually see trailers and footage of games. You could argue that leaks of what will/won't be shown manages viewer's expectations.

If you're someone who really dislikes leaks then you have the option to dial back on the consumption of "news" for the week ahead of E3, and stepping back from the forums you use if they have a history of covering news of leaks. It's what I do for movies where I really want to go in completely in the dark. Modern twitter software is really good at filtering things you don't want to see via keywords and hashtags. :yes:

Back