Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly PS5, first pastebin rumour states XBOX has larger lv1 cache for AI and such, 3rd paste bin says one has larger CPU portion for increased cache.

It says larger cache in two of the rumours, nothing about either CPU being more powerful, if both are clocked the same I doubt there will be any difference at all.
Ah I clearly missed those ones, really hard to keep track of every next gen specs pastebin posts these days. It's possible the newer ones are just regurgitating the old ones with a few slight changes but I do remember Phil was emphasizing on framerate for next gen, a more aggressive CPU design could help for sure.

I will not do it again it was better to post the video here and explanation about Photon mapping elsewhere because it is like mixing speculation and something looking like serious.

You're making me angry with this. Why are you talking to us like we've no idea what photon mapping is, when the actual issue here is you have absolutely no idea what tech is on display, or even if the display is a real game, you are assuming it's a new super-performance technique, and are now preaching this wonderful new tech using this video as evidence of how awesome this new tech is instead of dealing with the real issue of confirming what the hell we're looking at.

I repeat how do you know this is even realtime and not just a video?!?!?

I'm with you on this one. Someone earlier gave a link where it is stated that another but similar demo was not running on anything PlayStation.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-real-time-ray-tracing-replay-movie-editor/

This Chris-1515 user has been all over the internet posting Sony patents, not even knowing what they really are about in detail. He's been doing the same thing on resetera and also NeoGAF if i'm not misstaken. And not just photon-mapping, GT 8k videos on 5 to 16 linked PS5's.
This GT video is probably a side-project for PD to show off Sony's new TV line.

Companies go with new patents all the time, especially big ones like MS and Sony. It does not mean they will be used as such though.

I'm with you on this one. Someone earlier gave a link where it is stated that another but similar demo was not running on anything PlayStation.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-real-time-ray-tracing-replay-movie-editor/

This Chris-1515 user has been all over the internet posting Sony patents, not even knowing what they really are about in detail. He's been doing the same thing on resetera and also NeoGAF if i'm not misstaken. And not just photon-mapping, GT 8k videos on 5 to 16 linked PS5's.
This GT video is probably a side-project for PD to show off Sony's new TV line.

Companies go with new patents all the time, especially big ones like MS and Sony. It does not mean they will be used as such though.

I know exactly about what is the Photon mapping patent... And I explain it clearly in photon mapping thread. This is not me finding this patent. I only find the guy working for Sony using the Google term Photon mapping Sony Interactive Entertainment..

I did not post any patent about Sony out of this one because I search what was the meaning. And I find it because I was surprised to see mention of kd-tree from Sony side knowing it is not used in GI most of the time it is BVH. I find all this because I was curious.

And I have no neogaf account...:D

Last edited:
This Chris-1515 user has been all over the internet posting Sony patents, not even knowing what they really are about in detail.
Let's not witch hunt please.
Chris has been a contributing member to this forum.
Anyone can get excited or make mistakes while posting, not everyone will think of every single ramification from their posts; and even though we are all using English to speak, we all understand it differently; our cultures are different; our form of sarcasm might be different; how we approach topics or discussions different.

Let's not witch hunt please.
Chris has been a contributing member to this forum.
Anyone can get excited or make mistakes while posting, not everyone will think of every single ramification from their posts; and even though we are all using English to speak, we all understand it differently; our cultures are different; our form of sarcasm might be different; how we approach topics or discussions different.

Oh, that is really not my intention :) Just going after some random patents and video's, one might get dissapointed by the real thing when it arrives. People perhaps really think PS5 is going to do 4k 120hz ray-traced AAA games, which clearly isn't the case unless it packs SLI RTX Titan or something.

Ok you heard it here first (as I just plucked it out the air)

Microsoft jump on the micro console bandwagon.

Micro 360 ( they don't have Nvidia rights or digital distribution), it's 512 ram, some storage and a newly shrunk 7nm CPU/GPU. Poised to play old digital library and stream project Xcloud for xbox one.

Am keeping off most threads / sites to enjoy the stream tomorrow but this random idea that is totally financially crazy popped into my head.

How many ways can you shoot it down?

Well, with the DevKit logic applied 12GB GDDR6 for retail doesn't sound convincing to me but the rest looks like a mix of the Arcturus and the one with the handwritten pages rumours.

2x Lockhart APU. The l4 cache is there to help the two APUs to read from each others GDDR6 without added latency.

2x Lockhart APU. The l4 cache is there to help the two APUs to read from each others GDDR6 without added latency.

So, essentially 14GB GDDR6 for each APU, with an Infinity Fabric bus tied to 1GB L4 (maybe 512MB L4 x 2) CPU cache, alongside 4GB DDR4 for OS/Apps?

This doesn't sound plausible.

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus that devkit is monstrous, wonder how close the actual console comes to it. If anything the gpu should be beefy as hell, the 13-14tf dream is real :). Maybe the 12.9-14.2tf PS5 specs aren't bogus either if they're to compete. Honestly they can charge whatever they want if the specs are godly like this, $599-$699 is a done deal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back