The Annual E3 Pre Hype, 2019 Edition

The new windows game bar has red highlights. The most radical announcement could be the new consoles switching away from Xbox green. Lets face it, the colour's always been a little gross...

Is it confirmed Halo Infinite is next gen only and will be shown at E3 yet?

From Brad Sams...

On the games side, Microsoft will be showing off 14 titles from their own game studios, according to Phil Spencer. Of that, I expect titles like Gears of War 5 (codenamed Halifax) will have a strong presence, and we will also see items like new DLC for State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 2, Halo Infinite trailer and gameplay, Age of Empires info, Fable details may be tossed in as well; it looks like there will be at least 3 new IPs that we haven’t seen previously.

Microsoft’s Aimes to Set the Bar High at E3

For Halo Infinite, this will be the first real showing of the next generation game. Microsoft will be running the demos from a PC with an Xbox controller as they don’t want the first impression of the new game to be running on the now dated Xbox One hardware.

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/207904/microsofts-aims-to-set-the-bar-high-at-e3#

Tommy McClain

Thanks for the link, good to know this is pure next gen as I can't wait to see what a native next gen game is capable of graphics wise. Hype meter went up drastically now.

14 is a good number! Though I guess some are early days as the studios are recent acquisitions, and a couple years out at least.

1. Exclusive World Premiere!
2. Exclusive!
3. Exclusive!
4. Exclusive!
5. Exclusive World Premiere!
6. Exclusive!
7. Exclusive!
8. Exclusive World Premiere!
9. Exclusive!
10. Exclusive!
11. Exclusive!
12. Exclusive World Premiere!
13. Exclusive!
14. Exclusive World Premiere!

I'm so ready to hear this... :yep2::nope:

Is it confirmed Halo Infinite is next gen only and will be shown at E3 yet?

Is he saying it's only Next-Generation Xbox exclusive? Because Microsoft official site states otherwise.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-infinite
Halo Infinite is targeting Xbox One and PC, and should run at "4K Ultra HD" and "HDR" on Xbox One X.

So my X and PC are sh** out of luck then? *sad panda*

Eh? Halo: Infiinite is definitely going to be on PC. I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't on XBO-X. I'd also be extremely surprised if it wasn't a launch Next Gen Xbox title.

The only question is whether they will support the XBO and XBO-S with Halo: Infinite. But I'm thinking they probably will as MS have done a LOT of work making their games on PC scalable across a huge range of hardware.

They are demoing it on the PC because they want to show the best the game can offer. XBO would show compromised graphics, even the XBO-X. Hence show it on PC so people get an idea of how the game can really look.

I guess the other potential question will be whether the PC version can show what the Next Gen Xbox is capable of or not.

Regards,
SB

Kinda not sure how I feel about this. Could go either way.

According to some information I've received over the past few months, Microsoft is working on a broad update to its Xbox Live social systems, with noteworthy changes coming to Xbox Live profiles, with new options for Xbox Live gamertags.

The biggest of these changes that we know about is the way Gamertags are offered on Xbox Live. Right now, you choose a unique Gamertag name comprised of numbers, characters, and single spaces. You can pay a small fee to change your Gamertag, which is then reflected across Xbox Live across all of your games and social interactions. This system will remain in place, but to get users into Xbox Live faster, duplicated Gamertags will receive a # code at the end, similarly to Discord and Battle.net

According to our sources, Xbox Gamertags will get an option more familiar to users of Battle.net and Discord, allowing you to quickly sign up with any name you wish. We've heard that your unique Gamertag will remain your primary identifier across all Xbox games and services, with your Microsoft Account display name being sharable as an option.

Update 6/5/19: Our sources have offered some additional clarification on this. As part of this system, you will not lose your existing Gamertag. I won't have to add a number to my existing Gamertag, "Jez," but if anyone new wants that name "Jez," they will adopt the numeric code at the end. There should never be a scenario where you don't know who someone is on Xbox Live. This new system will also allow for non-Latin alphabet characters that use different language systems, to allow users to represent who they are in their local languages.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-gamertags-may-take-more-discord-format-soon

Tommy McClain

Back