Gears 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
Kait is the main character.
Kait's face has changed, not sure why. Probably not a necessary change unless they wanted to make her look more like her mother, and slightly more alien. Her eyes are hmm, giving me locust vibes.

JD's face has changed, probably for the better, he actually looks like Marcus' son now.
engine upgrades

and X1X enhancements

I really miss the character designs of old. The half-hippie-half-future-soldier looking Liberal Art Students of War really look more like cosplayers.
untitled.png

do you mean this? Or the bros from the original?

The biggest feature I would love to see them state being in Gears 5:

"No RNG card collection for Horde skills".

But the pessimist in me says Gears5 will be even worse than 4.

Really looking forward to this. Been playing the Division 2 and all it's doing is making me think of how much better Gears of War is. Division 2 would be better without loot and just a lot of difficulty levels to get the experience you want.

I still need to play Gears 4, Gears is one of my favorite series. It's just that it's a 100GB big on PC and that's my whole data cap for a month :(

hmph.

Book description
As she, JD, Del, Marcus, Cole, Samantha, and Baird lick their wounds and resupply, First Minister Jinn summons them to New Ephyra, promising that the "crimes" they committed will be forgiven. Before they can rejoin the Coalition, however, Jinn demands proof of their loyalty, and of the threat of the Swarm. Promised a new command, JD and Del agree. Plagued by nightmares, Kait rebels and refuses. When she discovers that two teens from her devastated village have survived, she goes rogue and strikes out to rescue them, accompanied by Marcus Fenix. Pursued by the robotic DeeBees, Kait and Marcus search for survivors. Instead they find an overwhelming force of the enemy--and an unexpected ally. Meanwhile JD and Del lead a mission to locate the Swarm, only to be cut off from New Ephyra. Trapped and surrounded, they're on their own.

"Mackenzie and Eli" ?

Unexpected ally is going to be her uncle, isn't it. >_>

Last edited:
Anya raised from the dead as crystal monster?

That's a pretty non-obvious V IMO. :p

Here:

asdf.jpg

You get the idea, I think. Blood dripping from the symbol. Symbol is forefront and center instead of some seemingly random mountain (it's a bloody screen capture that even includes Kait & Del )that only lore-nuts would maybe get (I sure don't).

Heck, they could have made a V out of two chainsaw lancers, whose imagery would be appealing to the bro-gun-dudes.

Something like this, but shift the placement to emphasize the V.
crossed lancers.png

Last edited:
New Horde-like mode called Escape. It's a 3 player mode, so it's absolutely perfect for our group of 5. :rolleyes:

https://gearsofwar.fandom.com/wiki/Michael_Barrick

Must be a popular haircut.

..."haircut".

:p

------------

Random curiosity - the Escape stuff looks very... segmented by rooms, a bit like how Doom snap mode levels are built. I wonder if they've built something similar so they can put out "new" content without ballooning install sizes.

Initial thought was a procedural thing just to make it automagically, but I suppose if there's a leaderboard involved, they'd want something standardized. hm.

Last edited:
Back