Retro gaming

not so retro, but a mature game. I share with you my favorite song (original song, by the way, created by Capcom) of my favorite characters from a simply wonderful game: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

The hours I spent playing it on the X360 and now the "modern " PC version....

Cool! :p

That made me remember some other cool songs from PS games, as well. I won't post again most SF: EX songs, since I have posted them in other threads several times, but here are some:

And OMGGGGG! Never gets old for me!

And just another piece of TR, even though there are more which I like.

That made me remember some other cool songs from PS games, as well. I won't post again most SF: EX songs, since I have posted them in other threads several times, but here are some:

I loved the music of those old games.
Tekken 2 had amazing soundtrack
I used to play the TR as a music disk just to listen to the amazing main theme.

the first doesnt sound as familiar but it sounds fine to me. The other too....well...those I know well from playing the game on the PC.

Btw, the Laura Kinney (X-23) song I shared sounds different, more subtle, ingame -it's the same sound and song but the sound is "smoother", the game uses dolby-,

ah memories

pretty nice. Little Big Adventure...I think I have the game in my Steam's collection but didn't play it yet. Some friends heartily recommended me to play the game, but I didn't play it yet. Alien Isolation, and a bit of Xenon Racer plus the odd Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 game, occupy most of my gaming time nowadays.

Talking of adventures, the 1st Tomb Raider song shared by @eloyc reminds me of Broken Sword for whatever reason, albeit I actually had Tomb Raider back in the day.

new 7 minute video of xeno crisis running on real hardware

Genesis version is almost ready, which means the PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox versions will be out soon as well (check their channel for the awesome trailer). Neo Geo and Dreamcast fans will have to wait a bit longer. ;-)

looks and sounds great, of course.

I am looking for a good retro console that includes classic 2D and 3D arcade games like Sega Rally 2 or Virtua Fighter 4 etc.
Does anyone know a good source?

punch-out-don-flamenco-nintendo-dama-rott-wear-D_NQ_NP_762751-MLM26262098429_102017-F.jpg

I have been building a modded Arcade 1Up with Raspberry Pi. Pretty cool project. But a lot of work and ends up being pretty expensive. I will probably end up with $500-$600 in the project despite getting the actual cab on clearance for $150 vs the MSRP of 299. It breaks down as 150 for the cab, about 150 for modding supplies (joystick/buttons kit, amp, etc) about 100 for the Pi (Canakit with PSU, case, SD card) which I have had for years but technically still counts, so that's $400, and then probably like another $100 in weird one off costs, like 25 bucks for a plexiglass art protector. After all that it's still not right/perfect, and for the final finishing I probably need to buy another deck and kick panel for $83 after shipping, which I'm resisting...

But it's still a cool project and you end up with a pseudo arcade with tactile arcade sticks and buttons (the real reason for the project IMO) that can play pretty much any arcade game on one image.

One annoying caveat is, with the Pi at least, it's really involved to do any kind of shutdown switch, you end up having to do complex relay switches and program the Pi, the latter which I pretty much swear off on principle. Otherwise (what most people do) You have to shut it down via the software menu in the Pi and then just manually turn off a power strip (or use alexa/switched outlet to do that), which basically means it will never be kid-proof.

The gold standard mod template is this guy's which is still used, but TBH he makes it seem significantly easier than it actually ends up being, because there's always unforseen issues that pop up.

Last edited:
Yesterday I beat Final Fantasy IV (SNES original, not a remake)... or II, as it was marketed in the US. I liked the new battle system and the characters and the story weren't that bad.

Now, I'm playing Final Fantasy V (again, SNES original). I'm not sure I'm liking the duller graphics and I still don't have an opinion on the new battle system, which included the gauge for the first time.

I'm enjoying my Retroid Pocket 3+. I'm a kid again, playing all those PS classics. :)

Very good screen and performance. Ergonomics are not perfect and the L2/R2 buttons are a bit uncomfortable to use sometimes, but who cares, for the price?

I recently beat Abe's Oddysee. A very lovely, clever game. Still one of my favourite settings (quality, story...), after all these years.

Currently playing Silent Bomber.

PS: I want to test a few more Dreamcast/PS2 games, but of course emulation for PS/N64 and previous consoles is a given.

Back