Xenon Racer [PS4, XO, NX, PC] New free content available.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
The game is a futuristic racer, which plays and feels like some mythical games of the 90s like Scud Race or Ridge Racer, but with a modern touch. The graphics and colourfulness of the game are a sight to behold, so is the feeling of speed.

The game entices you once you get your eyes on it. I have it and it's also an addictive game, much like your typical arcade racing games with a few cars where unlocking a car felt like an achievement and usually gave you access to cars that were recommendable to use in order to advance in the career mode.

the game is on sale at G2Play, 18€

https://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=Xenon+Racer

The game is a futuristic racer, which plays and feels like some mythical games of the 90s like Scud Race or Ridge Racer, but with a modern touch. The graphics and colourfulness of the game are a sight to behold, so is the feeling of speed.

The game entices you once you get your eyes on it. I have it and it's also an addictive game, much like your typical arcade racing games with a few cars where unlocking a car felt like an achievement and usually gave you access to cars that were recommendable to use in order to advance in the career mode.

the game is on sale at G2Play, 18€

https://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=Xenon+Racer
That looks amazing

That looks amazing
it does. They nailed it in that sense. Also the game has a demo on Steam.

I prefer to play it on my laptop with a IPS screen and a 1050Ti rather than on my desktop with a 1060 graphics card, because the contrast just shows how amazing the game looks. The screen of my desktop computer is 4k, but the picture quality is worse.

With everything else at High, and Textures and View Distance at Epic settings, Motion Blur off (always disable that effect in games), the game runs at a flawless 60 fps and it's gorgeous.

That looks amazing
some extra impressions after having played the game a bit more. The art style is very flattering. As I said before, they nailed it. Wish games like Gran Turismo or Forza looked that good even if only in garage mode. Both games look light years behind when it comes to car models, shading, paint, etc.

The shaders..., the quality of the art is staggering. When a vecicle is shown in between races, your jaw just drops at the sheer quality of the design. Very talented people.

some extra impressions after having played the game a bit more. The art style is very flattering. As I said before, they nailed it. Wish games like Gran Turismo or Forza looked that good even if only in garage mode. Both games look light years behind when it comes to car models, shading, paint, etc.

The shaders..., the quality of the art is staggering. When a vecicle is shown in between races, your jaw just drops at the sheer quality of the design. Very talented people.

How would you describe the handling (feel free to compare to any old arcade racer). The reviews I have seen have been very mixed on how it feels and drives.

How would you describe the handling (feel free to compare to any old arcade racer). The reviews I have seen have been very mixed on how it feels and drives.
Ridge Racer, totally arcadey. You press the A button and the car slides, this helps you to take some corners and fills a bar to use a booster. Aside from pressing A, you can slide when turning by releasing the accelerate button (Right Triggger) and pressing RT back again, or braking with LT and then accelerating. I prefer to press A, that's how I am used to play Ridge Racer or releasing the accelerator and then

If I had to say something not so flattering about the game is that there is some lack of content yet. The amount of cars is perfect for me -reminds me of Ridge Racer and the most fun racers I've played, where unlocking a car was a extremely good acomplishment- , but there aren't many tracks -9 or so-.

The Switch port is also a lackluster, from what I've seen, since the game struggles to run at 25 fps.

Other than that, it's addicting, fun, beautiful to look at...

Ridge Racer, totally arcadey. You press the A button and the car slides, this helps you to take some corners and fills a bar to use a booster. Aside from pressing A, you can slide when turning by releasing the accelerate button (Right Triggger) and pressing RT back again, or braking with LT and then accelerating. I prefer to press A, that's how I am used to play Ridge Racer or releasing the accelerator and then

If I had to say something not so flattering about the game is that there is some lack of content yet. The amount of cars is perfect for me -reminds me of Ridge Racer and the most fun racers I've played, where unlocking a car was a extremely good acomplishment- , but there aren't many tracks -9 or so-.

The Switch port is also a lackluster, from what I've seen, since the game struggles to run at 25 fps.

Other than that, it's addicting, fun, beautiful to look at...

Perfect, on a lazy note as reviews seem to skip on this, what local multiplayer options are there?

I struggle to find good coop or local multiplayer games suitable for my two young boys that I might also enjoy.

Perfect, on a lazy note as reviews seem to skip on this, what local multiplayer options are there?

I struggle to find good coop or local multiplayer games suitable for my two young boys that I might also enjoy.
local multiplayer is basically split screen, with more tracks available after you start unlocking them. I still have tracks in several countries locked -Canada, China, etc-.

Another great game which is very enjoyable and you can play the entire campaign mode in local multiplayer, is Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed.

I played it a lot of hours with my best childhood friend months ago and it is very fun. I guess Sonic Team Racing might be as fun and has the same local multiplayer modes. Advancing in the career mode of Sonic All Stars Racing Transfomed is very fun when you unlock stuff together with other people.

Back