Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually more in the under 10TF now. Smaller die and a higher clock. Anandtech estimates die size around 275mm add a CPU to that and you’re already around 350mm.

My speculation that the main differences between the current Navi and Zen 2 that are launching this year and PS5 next year will be mainly in continued power efficiency enhancements.
What happened to AMD GPU after Polaris?

16 nm xbonex reaches 6TF. At 7nm it should be easy to have 12TF GPU under 150W. But Vega 7 and even Navi don’t seem to have such efficiency. How could it happen?

What happened to AMD GPU after Polaris?

16 nm xbonex reaches 6TF. At 7nm it should be easy to have 12TF GPU under 150W. But Vega 7 and even Navi don’t seem to have such efficiency. How could it happen?
That's not how GPUs work.

Timdog rings a bell to me as a pro MS fella so it's something I say. If it's 11.1 Navi Tflops then it'd be like 13.87 Vega Tflops, so pretty much Vega 7:oops:.

Is the next xbox confirmed to be using Navi? From what we know so far, it could be Navi, Vega or neither. Truth is we've only seen Navi related to PS5.

Regardless:
- 56 CUs at 1.55GHz
- 54 CUs at 1.60GHz
- 52 CUs at 1.67GHz
- 50 CUs at 1.73GHz
- 48 CUs at 1.80GHz

11.1 TFLOPs would be something around this.

not confirmed, nothing confirmed for xbox. Just heavily favoured given what we know Sony has confirmed on.

Yup, nothing confirmed yet ... So technically it's possible yet improbable that MS will be using PCI-Express 5 and server Ryzen CPUs and post-Navi for their cloud initiative.

Yup, nothing confirmed yet ... So technically it's possible yet improbable that MS will be using PCI-Express 5 and server Ryzen CPUs and post-Navi for their cloud initiative.
Or some weird inbetween which would use existing current architectures but they've customized the chip to give them some additional reach in areas that matter to the respective companies.

PCIE 5 looking good for server loads here. Being able to support multi-GPU a lot better for cloud based setups. I suspect if this is the intended goal by azure team, to support multi-chip tasks as well as accessing fast data storage, then PCIE5 is an ideal candidate for 2020/21.

More threads on cores would also be an ideal candidate as well. So if speculation that Zen3 is more threads per core is true then, in combination with PCIE5 for instance, makes it an ideal CPU to go with over Zen 2 for these Azure plans.

Last edited:
Is the next xbox confirmed to be using Navi? From what we know so far, it could be Navi, Vega or neither. Truth is we've only seen Navi related to PS5.

Regardless:
- 56 CUs at 1.55GHz
- 54 CUs at 1.60GHz
- 52 CUs at 1.67GHz
- 50 CUs at 1.73GHz
- 48 CUs at 1.80GHz

I'd be shocked if next Xbox wasn't using some form of Navi... If it was Vega they'd probably say custom AMD GPU but again I think it's Navi based.

Since we're posting creative or useless rumors, I’ve seen these floating around Reddit, Era, 4Chan and a few other places. Similar in nature (possibly by the same person or one copying the other), but the 32GB of GDDR6 in Anaconda is definitely nonsense, unless Microsoft is going for broke on that model.

https://pastebin.com/UWApW1Aq
Xbox 2 & PS5 SDK Specs

X2-SDK (final)
Ram: 64GB DDR4
GPU: 1550 MHz
CPU: 3.3 GHz
Strg: 2TB SSD
Disc: UHD

P5-SDK (v3)
GPU: 1730 MHz
CPU: 3.2 GHz
Strg: 2TB SSD
Disc: UHD (spec 2)

FWIW: One of these kits actually had public game footage shown without knowing the hardware behind it. I'll give you a clue, one of the most respected developers in simulation. That's all folks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://pastebin.com/GXEmaK6j
Microsoft Next Generation Systems

SDK
GPU: 1550 MHz / 64
Storage: 2TB SSD
HDMI: 2 x Spec 2.1

XB Entry Model
GPU: 1300 MHz 40a (2nd generation Scorpio Engine)
Ram: 16GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB SSD
Disc: UHD (spec 1)
HDMI: Spec 2.1
Audio: AMD TA/TAN
CAFÉ: Cloud assisted ray-tracing, physics, pre-compute mesh and LOD asset assist.
3DM Score: 7376
3DM Score: (CAFÉ enabled): 9744

XB Premium Model
GPU: 1400 MHz 56a (2nd generation Scorpio Engine)
Ram: 32GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB SSD
Disc: UHD (spec 1)
HDMI: Spec 2.1
Audio: AMD TA/TAN
CAFÉ: Cloud assisted ray-tracing, physics, pre-compute mesh and LOD asset assist.
3DM Score: 18226
3DM Score: (CAFÉ enabled): 21277

PS1 2MB -> PS2 32MB 16 times increase
PS2 32MB ->PS3 512MB 16 times increase
PS3 512MB ->PS4 8GB 16 times increase
PS4 8GB -> PS5 ???

Call me naive but what would be the point of 64GB RAM? Most full games are less than that so unless we now want whole games in RAM then I’d rather funnel that budget into more GPU/CPU sauce.
It's the dev box, their saying that Anaconda has 32GB

Which I think would be misplaced budget especially as saying Lockhart is 16GB.
Such a wide difference would make scaling games an actual major development task.

Regardless:
- 56 CUs at 1.55GHz
- 54 CUs at 1.60GHz
- 52 CUs at 1.67GHz
- 50 CUs at 1.73GHz
- 48 CUs at 1.80GHz

only thing we know for sure is that PS5 is going to be RDNA instead of GCN

I am curious that since 7nm process has 2.56x power efficiency and 3.2x logic density than 16nm process, even we choose the simplest way, that is, design 2 identical GPUs of xbox one x @ 7nm and collaborate together, we should have better performance and less power consumption and even smaller die size than Radeon VII.

I can't see what the advantage of Radeon VII or Navi is if they may not match 2 identical x1x GPUs @ 7nm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back