Next-Gen Product Names? [2019 Edition]

A random pastebin post doesn't suggest anything. It seems like one random internet presence called the thing XBox Infinite, probably after reading me complain about the absurdity of Xbox Two.

I think all these pastebins come from AlBran!
Although AlBran thought it up, I do like Xbox Infinite as a name. Ties together the two consoles and the streaming service.

My auto correct suggested Xbox Intimate. I'm less sure how I feel about that name...;)

Although AlBran thought it up, I do like Xbox Infinite as a name. Ties together the two consoles and the streaming service.

My auto correct suggested Xbox Intimate. I'm less sure how I feel about that name...;)

There's also the synergy with the already announced...Halo: Infinite.

But the question is, did the name for the next Halo inspire someone on the internet to spawn the rumor that the next Xbox is called Xbox Infinite? Or Is this something that MS would do?

Regards,
SB

Infinite is a dumb name. However these are the same people who thought calling "One" to their third console was cool. And then thought that adding an "X" as suffix to a new, mid-gen console that already had two "Xs" wasn't going to create confusion.

So yeah, Infinity is a rather likely name.

Nintendo's Wii and Wii U were worse. I can't count the number of times I got mocked for suggesting to play Wii during parties at my place.

Thinking about it, Infinite would also make sense if MS are planning to make sure that all game purchases going forward will work on all future consoles.

It's also still a number (at least in mathematics). That's the only common naming scheme that MS has used for their consoles up to this point. If we assume the next Xbox will also be Xbox "Some Number", then Infinite would stand out. What else could they do? Xbox Pi? Xbox e? :D

Regards,
SB

But what comes after Infinite? Xbox Infinity Plus One?? It's a naming dead-end that only makes sense if this is the last XBox intended to last forever. Not that names really have to make sense (360. One). But there is usually some method to their madness. Xbox 360 wasn't named XBox 2 because that was one behind the PlayStation. It was named 360 as the player was at the centre. XBox One was the one device to drive your entertainment. The next number should imply something about its purpose.

My gut feeling is MS will abandon numbers and go with a name. Gives them far more flexibility.

But what comes after Infinite? Xbox Infinity Plus One?? It's a naming dead-end that only makes sense if this is the last XBox intended to last forever. Not that names really have to make sense (360. One). But there is usually some method to their madness. Xbox 360 wasn't named XBox 2 because that was one behind the PlayStation. It was named 360 as the player was at the centre. XBox One was the one device to drive your entertainment. The next number should imply something about its purpose.

My gut feeling is MS will abandon numbers and go with a name. Gives them far more flexibility.

Xbox Endgame

Xbox Endgame
We know Endgame comes after Infinity, so maybe that's 2027's Xbox.

Xbox 8k that can be simplified in Xbox ∞k, but ∞ * k can be written as just ∞
And then retailers would write it as "Xbox cok", because who the hell bothers to find characters that aren't in the keyboard?

If I got mocked for suggesting to play wee, I can't imagine the flack I'd get for saying "Let's play cock".

Xbox RT using true Navi with a lot of games being RayMastered to suit it.

Infinity plus 1
Infinity times 1000
Infinity times 1 million
Infinity times Infinity

Weren’t you ever a kid or in love?

LOL

Back