Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Superhot is the only VR game that I've actually stuck with long enough to finish, and I've probably played through it a dozen times. Considering how simple the concept is and how prevalent wave shooters are it's surprising there haven't been any copycats of it at this point. A couple tweaks to the mechanics, a map editor, map sharing and community leader boards and you'd have another BeatSaber-level hit, imo.

I bought one when it launched, and found it awesome.

Wish there was a fake Rift driver which could stream Rift games to it.

I know about ALVR and Riftcat, but they can only stream SteamVR titles, but I want to run my old Unity VR experiments for the CV1 (not Steam).

Anyway, I love it and have been doing new experiments. It is straightforward.

Just wanted to add that, apparently, this is possible to stream pure Oculus Rift games as well, by using Virtual Desktop + Revive.

I will be trying that combination soon.

Please note that this has nothing to do with piracy, I've bought several titles from the Oculus Store when I had a Rift, for example. Now I only have the Oculus Quest, and I want to run games that I legally bought, or that I developed myself using their Oculus SDK.

Also such a feature is so obvious, imho Oculus should provide such a feature from day one.

Edit: by the way, Virtual Desktop works nicely with SteamVR! Definitely should be built in on Oculus Quest!

Update: it works, and works well. I must say, I love the Quest. Imho, by far the very best option on this VR generation. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
How good is quest at playing vr180 and vr360 3d videos? Is there list of supported formats+resolutions+framerates somewhere? Or even better review from video playback pov? Youtube I believe works great but what about standalone videos?

I don't watch much 360º videos, but when I checked Youtube some time ago it worked great. It has hardware H265 (HEVC) support, so I think it must support all the common formats. Hmd resolution is pretty good. There are a few vr360 apps in store as well (free and paid) but I did not check them yet.

SteamVR and Oculus Store apps work through streaming from PC through Wifi, using H265 encoding with audio. On 5ghz it feels very fluid, I even forget that I'm streaming. So, essentially, I am *very* satisfied with thid hmd. =)

Heh, I find it sad and amusing at the same time (mostly sad) that at 3:14, she shows pirated movies on the device. :p

At lead edit the names so you can pretend that you ripped them yourself from your own collection girl.

Regards,
SB

Back