The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Here's another thing I heard: Martin only greenlit the post-book GoT era because writing duo Benioff and Weisz figured out Jon Snow's parental lineage. And then he handed over the responsibility to Benioff and Weisz exclusively. No other writers allowed contractually.
You're right, though. Unless HBO's legal team fucked up monumentally this all sounds rather unlikely.
Hm, bearing in mind that in the books there's already another Targaryen, I'm not so sure about that. Maybe in the books Jon will be truly a bastard, Ned's bastard or even Robert's, or who knows... The books mention a woman called Wylla, from Dorne.

And honestly, if the books end up being something similar to the show, I will be VERY disappointed.

I don't buy that. Why wouldn't HBO just get new writers if they wanted 10 seasons? It's not like they were the actual creators of the story to begin with and there were several directors making different episodes anyway. Plus, contrary to what you might think D&D were barely on set at all. The time they spent with the show was mostly on post production, AFAIK. Hardly something they could not do in tandem with Star Wars.

There's also the fact that after this last season, Star Wars fans are questioning if B&W are competent enough to get the "keys to the castle" for a whole trilogy.

If anything they hurt their own popularity by rushing things.

That's not good for Disney either, who needs to start making money with Star Wars movies after Solo, and needs their fans back after Last Jedi.

So now that things have calmed down can we discus the real elephant in the room?
i2J7jgk.png

What did he really do to those girls? :runaway:

Well given the tripe the last several Star Wars movies have been B&W can hardly be worse ;)

Don't be so sure. Ryan Johnson wrote and directed Looper. A perfectly fine little time travel movie. Benioff wrote X-Men Origins Wolverine and not a whole lot else.

I loved Discovery though. And that’s saying something, because I tend to hate Time Travel. It’s seasons have had really strong story arcs and character development eh oh makes it very unlike any other Star Trek I’ve ever seen.

Looks like they're retaining the puppetry and animatronics of the original?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::love::love::love::love:

I watched the movie for the first time this very year, and I loved it. Then I learned that maybe a TV series would be released and then I forgot about it, until now.

I was secretly expecting a "mmmMMM!" in the trailer and it happened, hahaha!

Looks like CGI done to look like puppets & not looking as good as the original puppets.
Some nice CGI backdrop stuff but a lot of the foreground isn't looking great to me.

Back