Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be called the Xbox Two. It was called the 'One' because it was one platform for everything, sort of thing. 'Two' is a serial progression, never entertained by MS to date, and placing it 3 generations behind the PS5.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox something-other-than-two

Anything from Xbox XT to XBox Life Enriched to XBox 4K, but absolutely not Two.

It won't be called the Xbox Two. It was called the 'One' because it was one platform for everything, sort of thing. 'Two' is a serial progression, never entertained by MS to date, and placing it 3 generations behind the PS5.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox something-other-than-two

Anything from Xbox XT to XBox Life Enriched to XBox 4K, but absolutely not Two.
I’m pretty sure it’ll be called Project Scarlet on stage. Too early for the real name. But yea I think some people are calling it One Two for short hand.

Cmooooon Halo Combat Rayvolved*

*without the insulting art direction.

Maybe they should actually strap on Ray Tracing to a bunch of older titles (not just MS owned ones too).
Indeed on the last point.

I almost expect it to be.

I mean looking at the situation for MS; going into next gen, being well behind their competitors, working their goodwill back with their base, and with Sony skipping E3; there’s really no other “better” time for MS to go all out.

I don’t expect it to be megatons for everyone, just I expect MS to do their absolute best at this conference to help them for next gen.

So whatever that means, I expect it to be an amazing conference for Xbox fans, but with Sony skipping E3 and all eyes on them, they need to do more and expand the conference to audiences who generally don’t care about MS. Like, you couldn’t pick a worse conference to talk about TV and Kinect than this upcoming one lol.

So I think they should know this and we should see a lot of interesting announcements and possibly quite a few out of left field ones to try to bring in newer audiences.

It’s going to be critical for them. I can’t think of a megaton announcement that many haven’t already creatively guessed, the software side is always a bit tougher and we are very hardware focused on this forum. But if MS wanted a megaton announcement out of left field for hardware with a very low probability < 3% but greater than 0; hmmm.... it would be ray tracing being enabled on X1X on their next big update and supporting those RT titles now instead of waiting for next gen.

Teaser reveal was 17 months out.
Actual reveal was 5 months out.

So now you think we're only 5 months away from release?

Being reasonable, only expect a teaser.

The Project Scorpio teaser at E3 2016, 17 months out, named flops, CPU cores and RAM speed(also the render of the internals hinted at the ram amount).

I don't think they WANT to reveal those kind of specifics about Scarlett at this point... But maybe they think it's better to hear it from the horses mouth than from some leak(or they have some reason to be confident).

The Scorpio teaser had to reveal a bit more because they wanted to stop folks from buying PS4 and 4Pro consoles. There's no solid specs known about PS5, so I highly doubt MS will touch upon any concrete specs of Next-Box.

From user avatar on reddit rumor:

https://www.reddit.com/user/vibli/

5c7de1354e3dfdb5db7e68922ba5435bcd0bcb09.png

This post is a bit of a head-scratcher, not the discussion of the supposed tech but the apparent lack of understanding that utilising increasingly faster drives doesn't translate into equivalent I/O performance improvement. It's like they don't understand that the drives aren't the bottleneck.
But the real question I have is why aren't these devs using the existing performance analysis tools? If they had, none of this would have come as a surprise. :nope: And if they aren't using these tools now, the chances of them using them to further tune I/O performance on PS5 to patch game performance is questionable. :???:

That is why this rumor doesn't come off as being from anyone technical and has higher probability of it being a troll.

Can the PS4 or Xbox One run OpenCL? Because if not this is most likely a fake as it looks like a modified clpeak output which phoronix uses in some of their tests (scroll down): https://github.com/krrishnarraj/clpeak

Here is a phoronix output which I used to look at for a bandwidth comparison between AMD and Nvidia cards:

bandwidth.png

I'm calling this 'rumor' as complete bullshit just by analyzing the words.

This means there will only be renders of the internals revealed with no specs at all. That is the style of the Scorpio reveal.

That goes completely against the Scorpio reveal.

Q.E.D.
No mention of Kinect, it's clearly fake...

Why does it look like an original Xbox devkit, complete with old XBOX logo and four controller ports? Going back to wired controllers, are we?

Xbox-Debug-Edition-Case.jpg.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back