The Annual E3 Pre Hype, 2019 Edition

Like last year.. at the Microsoft Theater ( Los Angeles Staples Center) across the street...Why pay for booth at E3 when you have your own stadium across the street.. :eek:
Is the staples centre a sports arena ? Pretty neat they can convert a sports arena into a convention hall. Then again I guess it’s not much different from holding a concert.

Something "Bleeding Edge" as a new IP from Ninja theory is circulating around lately, apparently a crossgen title too.
IllfatedMilkyBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

MS' conference has the potential to be the greatest this year if everything is suppose to be in place.
* Gears 5 gameplay
* Halo Infinite gameplay
* Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay
* Bleeding Edge next gen trailer/gameplay
* Fable Next gen trailer/gameplay
* Star Wars gameplay
* Battlefield Bad Company 3 trailer
* AssCreed Ragnarok cross gen trailer/gameplay
* New unannounced AAA next gen title
* Scarlett family next gen Xboxes reveal with Anaconda bringing the heat in specs and graphics
* Early launch 1st quarter 2020?

Is the staples centre a sports arena ? Pretty neat they can convert a sports arena into a convention hall. Then again I guess it’s not much different from holding a concert.

Two separate venues...

staples-center-1100x542.jpg

You can see part of the LA Convention center on the bottom of the image. The tower on the bottom right is the entrance to West Hall.

If I remember right the 3 or 4 times I went to E3 in LA the South Hall was cool one. That's where most of the big companies were at.

Hopefully E3 doesn't shut down. I wanting to go one more time before they do. Maybe next year.

Tommy McClain

Hopefully E3 doesn't shut down. I wanting to go one more time before they do. Maybe next year.

E3 will certainly change over the coming years but its future is safe. It will likely become a more consumer focussed event like TGS, GamesCom, EGX and PAX. There seems no shortage of demand by gamers for places to see and play new and imminent games and I reckon E3 will be better for it. For too long, E3 has been dominated by industry giants teasing concepts of future games years away from release which has oft resulted on disappointment on delivery due to changes made over prolonged development phases.

I've never been to E3 but I do like to get along to EGX in London and GamesCom in Cologne, when I can.

eh ;) they have edge hardware, but the gaming hardware isn't there. It was a jest at first but thinking about it more thoroughly I don't think it's possible for them to pull off game streaming; there are a lot of challenges to solve there. But they can make mini games using their netflix API that would be more like the interactive movie/shows. So... more like playing 'Late Shift' Which seems appropriate. I like games like that.

All their back end runs on AWS so they could leverage whatever Amazon are cooking up for game steaming and just use Open Connect for the interactive shows.

AMD using the name RDNA makes me think that XBOX is going to call their customized whatever "XDNA", would continue the narrative around the One X.

I feel like we should have a bingo card or something.

• Age of Empires IV
  • Battletoads
  • Forza Horizon 4 DLC2
  • Gears 5
  • Gears Pop
  • Gears Tactics
  • Minecraft thang
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Compulsion Games - new game
  • Ninja Theory - new game
  • inXile - Wasteland 3?
  • Bard's Tale IV Xbox port?
  • Halo MCC/Reach
  • Halo NaN
I wonder if MS would be able to make a deal with Capcom to let Undead Labs handle Dead Rising.

Last edited:
I wonder if MS would be able to make a deal with Capcom to let Undead Labs handle Dead Rising.

I'd rather have a larger budget State of Decay 3 with a storyline. Something RDR 2 scale in both world and story.

Dead Rising is too campy for the style of zombie games that Undead Labs excels at, IMO.

I'm not sure Undead Labs wants to be a AAA developer though, there's things that you can get away with during development as a AA developer that you can't as a AAA developer in most cases.

Regards,
SB

Back