Console Good Game Deals [2017-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft Rewards just cycled GamePass off the monthly deal, but the new deal is for Xbox Live Gold until May 15th. The 12 months option is down to 22500 points. I think you can stack live upto 3 years out.

Apparently there's a promotion for the new Xbox Games Pass Ultimate that lets you convert the entirety of your current Gold or Games Pass membership to Ultimate for just $1 with the current $1 for a month promo for Ultimate.

If you have (up to the max of 3 years of) Gold or Games Pass, you can convert it to Ultimate just by adding the Ultimate $1 trial month offer. If you have neither, you can get the $1 Gold deal, then get the $1 Ultimate deal and you end up with two months of Ultimate for $2. Ideally you stack up on cheap annual Gold memberships (maybe even using your points, see Brit's post two up), then add the $1 Ultimate trial. So buy low and, uh, game high? Hmmm.

The only catch is that Ultimate reverts to a $15/mo auto charge at the end of your subscription, so turn off auto-renew (and set a reminder to double check that it stayed off).

The pertinent info is here (the first two comments at the moment are a useful reminder to use Microsoft points and that this isn't a glitch but a promo): https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-how-to-get-three-years-of-xbox-game-pass-u/1100-6467749/

Apparently there's a promotion for the new Xbox Games Pass Ultimate that lets you convert the entirety of your current Gold or Games Pass membership to Ultimate for just $1 with the current $1 for a month promo for Ultimate.

If you have (up to the max of 3 years of) Gold or Games Pass, you can convert it to Ultimate just by adding the Ultimate $1 trial month offer. If you have neither, you can get the $1 Gold deal, then get the $1 Ultimate deal and you end up with two months of Ultimate for $2. Ideally you stack up on cheap annual Gold memberships (maybe even using your points, see Brit's post two up), then add the $1 Ultimate trial. So buy low and, uh, game high? Hmmm.

The only catch is that Ultimate reverts to a $15/mo auto charge at the end of your subscription, so turn off auto-renew (and set a reminder to double check that it stayed off).

The pertinent info is here (the first two comments at the moment are a useful reminder to use Microsoft points and that this isn't a glitch but a promo): https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-how-to-get-three-years-of-xbox-game-pass-u/1100-6467749/

I’m not sure if people quite understand how good this deal is...

Let’s say you have 3 mths gold and 3 mths game pass these get added together.,, for so £1/$1 you get 6 mths ultimate.

As stated above you can do this for up to 36 months, so I just cashed in a load of codes and bing points up...I had something like 20 mths gold and 16 mths game pass then paid £1 and now have ultimate 36 months ultimate (until 28th June 2022!)!

And a little bonus, if you switch off auto renew when adding codes you generally get a month free on gold...so I;

Ensured auto renewal was off
Added 3 mths gold (but got 4)
Switched off auto renew
Rinse and repeat

Just be sure that the upgrade for £1 is the last thing you do because once upgraded you lose the combination factor.

Only a few days left folks!

American Shenmue 3 enthusiasts! It'll be $35 at Best Buy on Black Friday, just a couple of weeks after its $60 release. Business!

Other Best Buy Black Friday standouts from their weirdly structured preview site (I'm assuming PS4 and X1 versions cost the same):

$10: all the PS4 PlayStation Hits
$15: Devil May Cry 5, RE2, Spider-Man GotY
$20: Ace Combat 7, Days Gone, Dragon Quest XI PS4, Forza Horizon 4, Nier Automata GotY,
$25: Catherine: Full Body, Gears 5, Judgment, Sekiro, FF12 Zodiac Switch, Ni No Kuni Remastered PS4/Switch
$28: Borderlands 3, all the 2020 sports
$30: Control ($25 at Target), GreedFall
$35: Shenmue 3
$40: CoD: Modern Warfare (2019), Code Vein, some Nintendo first-party Switch titles

Sony’s Play at Home “initiative” is free games for gamers and a $10M support fund for smaller devs. Both Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey will be free (no PS+ required) on PSN from April 15th 8pm PT to sometime on May 5th (UK: 4am Apr 16 to May 6th). Germany and China get Knack 2 instead of Uncharted.

Because Sony’s digital licensing is idiotic / consumer unfriendly, if you already “own” copies via PS+ (Uncharted Collection was free in January, Journey was free in the last year or so), you won’t be able to upgrade to the, uh, more permanent (i.e., non-subscription-based) copy without asking Sony (via chat) to revoke your current license.

Edit: Journey is Cross-buy for PS3/PS4, so I was able to add it for PS3 (adding a specific version to your cart is hilariously obtuse on mobile, or really on any platform because obtuse is Sony’s storefront’s middle name). I wonder if that will make it permanent for PS4 once my PS+ lapses.

Last edited:
Sony’s Play at Home “initiative” is free games for gamers and a $10M support fund for smaller devs. Both Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey will be free (no PS+ required) on PSN from April 15th 8pm PT to sometime on May 5th (UK: 4am Apr 16 to May 6th). Germany and China get Knack 2 instead of Uncharted.

Because Sony’s digital licensing is idiotic / consumer unfriendly, if you already “own” copies via PS+ (Uncharted Collection was free in January, Journey was free in the last year or so), you won’t be able to upgrade to the, uh, more permanent (i.e., non-subscription-based) copy without asking Sony (via chat) to revoke your current license.

Or you could use someone else’s account in your house or just make a extra account to permanently buy the games?

Celeste is $5 until the 27th on the USA Nintendo eShop, a new low. I checked CAN, UK, and FRA out of curiosity, but no sales there. (It was free on Epic, but you’re going to have to jump through more than $5 worth of hoops to make that portable.)

Last edited:
Judgment is $15 for the next ~10hrs as a Best Buy Deal of the Day (USA) if you want to get your disc-based, real-time alt-Yakuza on. Pretty sure it’s the cheapest it’s been, but this may be a Black Friday price preview.

There’s also Valkyria Chronicles 4 for $15 or, for you Xboxers, Metro Exodus or World of Final Fantasy Maxima for $10 each, plus some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back